No announcement yet.

How's Everyone's Gardens Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remembered that I forgot to remember , No late frost kill on the peach and apple trees this year . Last year we got nothing off those two trees , this year they are very happy
    Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Harvested 6 more cabbages and a row of red potatoes.
      Good One Heritage Oven
      Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Garlic did real well, and the black raspberries are starting to come on. Too early for anything else around here.

Comment

Lots of garlic, cool looking pictures!
          Good One Heritage Oven
          Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Comment

Took off a bunch of basil today. Rinsed it, pulled the leaves, and dried on towels. Looks like 15 - 20 cups, loosely packed.

What to do? How about pesto?

Good One Heritage Oven
              Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Bad flooding here. I live seven miles from the hospital and it still took me an hour to get to work today. Erosion through my lawn is going to require a sod and dirt investment. Kinda done...
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                  Bad flooding here. I live seven miles from the hospital and it still took me an hour to get to work today. Erosion through my lawn is going to require a sod and dirt investment. Kinda done...
                  Dang, that's a pretty common story across much of the midwest this year. Hope things get back to normal soon.
                  Good One Heritage Oven
                  Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

I picked about a gallon of blueberries off the single blueberry bush in my back yard last night. A couple weeks earlier than usual, and I lost quite a few to the heat already, but it seems to be liking the warm weather. I'll be making a couple dozen blueberry muffins tonight and probably dehydrating the rest.

I need to check on the fig tree too. Usually that's not ready for another month or month and a half (if we get any before the weather turns) but with the unseasonably warm weather I'm guessing it'll start turning some out soon. There was probably close to 100 green ones growing on it last time I looked.
                    Mike
                    Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                      Since I stopped working in my garden and went to alternative method it has been doing great just about year round..

This is Still the Neatest Garden I've ever seen!!!

Nice Job, Ken!!

Bear
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        This is Still the Neatest Garden I've ever seen!!!

Nice Job, Ken!!

Bear
                        I'd like to know what he uses to keep the weeds gone

I got busy with work and prego wife wouldn't spend ten minutes a day weeding. So we lost a row of peas and kohlrabi to weeds. Everything else is looking good. She text me today and said she picked a cucumber. I don't know how cause the plant has a 2' diameter circle. Not ready yet! I figured it'd be just a little cucumber, nah it was a foot long and about 3" diameter, I'm jealous!
                        sigpic

Comment

I HATE DEER!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Venison can be very good
                            Pete
                            Large BGE
                            Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                              Venison can be very good
                              had to dig up the Tomato plants, pot them and move them onto the deck. Had about 20 Tomato's and she got them all. She's got a hurt foot, so just lays under the neighbors Apple tree and eats all day....
                              AFTER SHE NIBBLES ON MINE!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                                I HATE DEER!!!!
                                May not work, but I had a problem with rabbits this year. I bought an all natural product from the farm store, egg whites, bone meal, and something else. Haven't touched a plant since. It works for deer too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X