How's Everyone's Gardens Doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    Holy crap! Gotta be 200 peppers on this beast... :{)

Dry them and send to your buddy Smitty for his next batch...
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

dang cherry maters are growing & ripening bad fast...other plants in the alaska grow bucket system gone crazy as well...Louie said add 4 more buckets of maters for a late summer gig.... me Ma inlaw picks our big green un's for fried green maters!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co...FdccgQod22wPyw
        I got the granule form just sprinkled around each plant. Worked great!
        Got some granules today and put a band around the area..... See what happens
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Holy crap! Gotta be 200 peppers on this beast... :{)

Holy pepper plant! What are they?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Got some granules today and put a band around the area..... See what happens
            First year I did it, I put it around perimeter of the garden, didn't work. This year I put it around the plant which worked. I hope it works for you. If not I'd consider coming and taking care of the problem.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy pepper plant! What are they?
              Nu-Mex Twilight. Rescued the plant last summer from a customer tearing out their flower beds. It's considered an "ornamental" but it's a good flavored hot li'l bastage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NuMex_Twilight
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Forgot Louie has some Mexi-Bell peppers...fine mild-med heat...got some jalapenos mixed with the grow buckets...me cool to get some cross breed...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

How's Everyone's Gardens Doing?

First year I did it, I put it around perimeter of the garden, didn't work. This year I put it around the plant which worked. I hope it works for you. If not I'd consider coming and taking care of the problem.

Knock on wood, so far its been doing the job Ryan.

I was aboot 4 weeks late in planting, but am starting to see some action.

Had to dig up the tomato plants, plant in planters and moved to the deck because of the deer. Got aboot 10 lil tomatoes.

Heres my prize though
                  sigpic

Comment

Knock on wood, so far its been doing the job Ryan.

I was aboot 4 weeks late in planting, but am starting to see some action.

Had to dig up the tomato plants, plant in planters and moved to the deck because of the deer. Got aboot 10 lil tomatoes.

Heres my prize though
                    Good to here, still working for me too. Just got problems with bugs on cabbage. I've dusted twice.

Picked green beans the other night. Cucumbers are starting to produce. Gonna be swimming in acorn squash, holy crap those 3 plants are huge. Picked 20 or so peaches from my newly planted trees. OMG so fricken good. Juice runs down your arm while eating. Nolan ate 3 right away, glad I didn't have to change those diapers
                    sigpic

Comment

Good to here, still working for me too. Just got problems with bugs on cabbage. I've dusted twice.

Picked green beans the other night. Cucumbers are starting to produce. Gonna be swimming in acorn squash, holy crap those 3 plants are huge. Picked 20 or so peaches from my newly planted trees. OMG so fricken good. Juice runs down your arm while eating. Nolan ate 3 right away, glad I didn't have to change those diapers
                      Go Nolan! Give mom the bad ones 💩💩💩
                      sigpic

Comment

My garden is good ,bad and getting ugly....I have cucumbers coming out my ears and canned all the pickles I want. I am getting some japs and picked enough to freeze up some poppers but my mators are dying off. I probably wont be doing any juice or canning this year. We have had intervals of downpours followed by hot sticky weather, not sure if that's the cause or not.

sigpic
                        GMG Daniel Boone
                        UDS
                        Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
                        Vision Kamado grill
                        Weber Genesis Silver
                        Smokin Tex
                        MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
                        Maverick ET 732
                        Brown and lime green ThermaPens
                        2 orange ThermoPops
                        A-Maze-N Tube 18"
                        A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
                        Vortex

Comment

I have pretty much let mine go since SWMBO's stroke, but I have harvested some Green Beans, cucumbers, Serrano peppers, and tomatoes. I've made several quarts of some different pickles.

Bread and Butter, Dill, and pickled onion and cukes:

Last edited by Bama BBQ; 07-25-2015, 10:10 AM.
                          ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

I have pulled many pounds of potatoes this year. The Red Nor lands did well and the Kennebec did really well. Cabbage also did well. Peppers are starting to come in and the first tomatoes got harvested yesterday. Cucumbers have lots of blooms and a few watermelon are growing. Been a good year so far.
                            Good One Heritage Oven
                            Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

The Nu-Mex Twilight is really showing it's colors now...

Attached Files
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Crap! Rabbits should've bellied up to the buffet more while they had the chance. Pickled about 25 pint jars of cukes and they're still producing. Just picked about 8 more. Not sure what I'll be doing with them. Keep picking jalapeņo's and hot as hell. Kind of worried about the hotness of the habaneros. They just keep getting bigger and bigger and yet they don't change color. Got the prep H ready for when they're ripe. Anaheim are doing good. My tomatoes are loaded but changing slowly. Nolan likes to pick the green one's and gets mad when I won't let him eat them. One of these times I will. I've got them where they're bigger than a slice of bread. when they ripen up we'll be busy making salsa. Not sure what to do with the yellow tomatoes yet. Going to have a lot of acorn squash too, but I think they'll keep good in my curing chamber. Don't get me started on the yellow squash thank god the rabbits got 3 of the 4 plants. Just picked 6 more, probably picked 10 from the plant previously and its still f-ing producing. Thinking of trying to freeze some.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X