can you freeze jalapenos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you freeze jalapenos?

Should I chop them first?? gona use them in beans and such anyway....

Just don't have the audience for poppers or ATBs so I just use them in recipes... But I'n getting alot off my plants and I didn't even concider how to store them...LOL
    OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
    ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
    and accessories out the ying-yang

I don't know about fresh chopped, but I smoke them and freeze them whole for making Chipolte later. Works fine.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

The ones I save for soups and such I just split and vacuum seal them.. Once frozen they will no longer be firm & crisp..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        Once frozen they will no longer be firm & crisp..
        That's what made me think to chop them first, if thrown in beans or soup or mixed in turkey burgers, i guess what diff does it make if they are mushy...
        OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
        ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
        and accessories out the ying-yang

Comment

Yeah theyll be fine...mushy but fine...

Or ya could dehydrate them...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

We freeze ours whole, on a cookie sheet, then into a zip-lock. Never have a problem with being mushy. We've done it this way for years.
            We also pickle them. My wife's bread n butter jalapeños are to die for. Turns a regular burger or dog into a masterpiece.

Tom

Comment

We have been experimenting with frozen abt's We will fill the japs and freeze'm let them thaw and wrap in bacon and onto the grill. Great results No it is not as good as unfrozen but for a winter time treat they are not bad.
              sigpic
              Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
              Great Out doors grill
              Brinkman verticle
              And one great UDS
              Crooked Creek Viszlas

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                We freeze ours whole, on a cookie sheet, then into a zip-lock. Never have a problem with being mushy. We've done it this way for years.
                We also pickle them. My wife's bread n butter jalapeños are to die for. Turns a regular burger or dog into a masterpiece.
                And I reckon ya need to fess up with dat recipe! Please~
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                  And I reckon ya need to fess up with dat recipe! Please~
                  I'll see what I can do. That's something she came to the marriage with. I may have to pry it out of her.

Tom

Comment

We do the same as Gunslinger. Freeze whole on a sheet pan and bag up. I like it this way because if I want strips or chopped or whole. They are somewhat softer after the thaw but ain't bad. Great in alot of dishes including pizza's.

Comment

I freeze them whole too just vac seal them great to cook with but they do lose their chrisp .
                      bread & butter japs gotta try these see what ya can do for us Gunslinger.
                      when you dehydrate do you do seeds and all
                      Terry here
                      Still have Christene

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                        I freeze them whole too just vac seal them great to cook with but they do lose their chrisp .
                        See, I don't have this problem too much. I mean, they're not as crisp as fresh picked for sure, but still pretty good. I wonder if the slight crushing/juicing that happens while vac packing has anything to do with it?

Originally posted by morkdach View Post
                        bread & butter japs gotta try these see what ya can do for us Gunslinger.
                        As soon as she gets home I'll ask her.

Tom

Comment

Look forward to Gunslinger's recipe

This year, I'm trying something completely new, purple jalapenos. I have 4 plants this year as an experiment from my pepper guy. So far, so good. And for the record, they are only purple on the outside so far. Maybe, as they become more mature, they may take the same color inside.

This is the first picking so it's a work in progress
                          Pete
                          Large BGE
                          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

I dont normally seed peppers till after they are dry...the seeds pop loose easily after drying...the few that dont...no matter...
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              See, I don't have this problem too much. I mean, they're not as crisp as fresh picked for sure, but still pretty good. I wonder if the slight crushing/juicing that happens while vac packing has anything to do with it?
                              yeah they do still work for abt's but like ya said not at good as fresh

As soon as she gets home I'll ask her.
                              Is she home yet
                              Terry here
                              Still have Christene

Comment

Working...
                              X