Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen sour dough help....Bassman, you out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen sour dough help....Bassman, you out there?

I froze a bunch of sourdough starter a long while back when I was trying to lower my carb intake. I pulled a tube out a few months ago and it was still alive but it died due to my neglect.
    So before I take another one out, does anyone have any suggestions on how to jump start it once it thaws?
    Thanks
    sigpic

Just thaw it out and add about a cup each of warm water and flour. Do this every day until it gets bubbling again. You will probably have to discard
    some depending on how many days it takes. I had mine frozen all summer since we were living in the RV. Once back in a house, it took almost a week to rejuvenate. Looking forward to your bread posts.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks Keith
      sigpic

Comment

Pretty much what I did to get my sweet bread starter going again after two years in the freezer. Feed it every second day, took about a week but its right back to being its bubbly self again.

PBC Drum Smoker
        Bradley Digital 4 Rack
        THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
        Miss Piggy Smoker
        Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

With all my neglect, sits's in the back of the frig...stir feed burp...it's alive. Got it from Gunslinger about 5 years ago!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
          X