I have heard it said..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard it said..

That one can only think happy thoughts when eating a homegrown tomato.
    Damn if that isn't true! Wanted a snack so I cut up a fresh 'mater sprinkled on some smoked sea salt and cracked black pepper. Tasty it was...

G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

You got it brother. I be eatin tomato sandwiches like crazy.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Your killin me here...

With the brutal summer heat we have had this year, Ripe maters are a thing to cherish...normally we be eating and canning and giving away maters...So far this year...we just be lucky to eat some now and again...PRAYING for a mild and extended fall...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Looks good, i have one about to turn red and i better stand guard on the thing before the damn caterpillars get it or some critter.

Comment

Same here ain't picked one ripe mater yet. Gotta plum type prolly tomorrow. That is a beautiful thang right there.

Comment

Love me some fresh Mater Sammiches!
            David
            sigpic

Comment

Tomato sandwiches are one of my favorite meals. It reminds me of when I was a kid. We would eat them everyday for breakfast with my dad and grandparents. I need to grow a garden some day.
              Propane Smoke Shack
              UDS
              Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
              sigpic

Comment

Fresh tomatoes rock! Ever since I was a wee lad, I have loved tomatoes... I don't even have to slice them... just eat them whole... tomato in one hand, shaker of salt in the other!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                  Fresh tomatoes rock! Ever since I was a wee lad, I have loved tomatoes... I don't even have to slice them... just eat them whole... tomato in one hand, shaker of salt in the other!
                  Same here. Salt shaker is all I need. We grew a couple of 'mater plants in buckets this year just for kicks. Farmers markets are everywhere this time of year and stuff is cheap so I'm happy to let the real gardeners do the heavy lifting!

I remember as a kid going to my aunts place. She had a huge garden. Me and my cousin used to go out there with a salt shaker and a pocket knife for peeling the kohlorabi's (sp)
                  G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

Love fresh tomatoes. Most of the time. Was in one of my friends fields turning off a pump (he is a tomato farmer), grabbed one off the vine and started eating. He looked over laughing and said "I wouldnt have done that", I asked why, he said "I sprayed some pretty powerful chit on those plants yesterday". Not dead yet, but I do glow sometimes.
                    Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Good looking 'mater! I'm kind of on overload from them too. Just love this time of year.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Working...
                      X