Thought this was cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought this was cool

Took our grandson to the yearly carnival yesterday. General foodstuffs, funnel cakes, meatball and sausage hoagies...etc

Then I get the smell of smoked meats. There is a rig with a Southern Pride sittin there and I can resist. Go over and start talking with there pitmaster Scott. Let's me taste his rub, gives me a little tour and w get to talking about this and that. So I buy 3 Louie rib for 6 bucks. Nice flavor and texture, maple wood smoked.

The point of this is they run a donation cafe. No prices on the menu! Put what you can in the envelop and drop it in the basket. There name is Holy Smokes.

Very worthy. Here's there link.

http://www.holysmokescafe.com/about_...okes_cafe.aspx

Posted here because I figure there are some non members in this area. Go check them out.

I gave Scott the website and invited him to join. Nice guy..Hope he shows up.

Nice....

There was a comp team (Yes, one member was a preacher) at Silver Lake last year with a similar name. Matter of fact, at 2:30AM a couple of us were over there getting his HUGE rotiss fixed... took out a shear pin... anyway...

Good on these guys... and glad they are cookin' good Q too!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow, that is soooo cool. Good on these guys for doing something so special. I would love to be a part of something like that. What good hearted folks. Thanks for sharing the website.

Comment

Good find. Maybe I can find a way to get them some business. We have been kicking around a customer appreciation thing at work. Maybe we can get them to cater it.
        Weber Smoky Joe
        18" Weber Silver
        22.5" Weber Gold
        22.5" Weber Silver
        UDS X 2
        Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
        Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
        Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
        Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
        Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
        Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
        Blackstone three burner flat top
        5" AMZNPS
        Vortex x 2
        Maverick ET 73
        Maverick ET 732
        Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
        Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
        Pitmaster iQue 110
        sigpic

Comment

yep, that is indeed very cool
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Very Nice---Thanks for posting!!

Nice to see such awesome attitudes!!!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

that is way cool
              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X