MH HAW Shrimp & cajun Rice with shrooms and Alfredo sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH HAW Shrimp & cajun Rice with shrooms and Alfredo sauce

This evening I had some me time with the Scottsdale and the Cast Iron skillet. I love cooking this way. Unfortunately no pictures of the cooking process as I was just whipping up a nice meal. After it was cooked and up in the kitchen and I tried it out of the skillet I was really surprised how good it was. So I plated it up half way nice and took a picture for you all and thought I would share. It’s another great use for Mad Hunky Hot Whang or Hot Ass Whang rub. It really kicked the rice up a notch. Yum! Here’s the recipe.

First I put 2 cups water, 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub in a medium sauce pan and brought it to a boil. I then reduced the heat to medium low and added 1 cup long grain rice. Covered and let simmer 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Next in the skillet...

8 oz. Baby Bella Crimini mushrooms, 1 tsp minced garlic, ¼ cup sliced red onion, ¾ stick of butter, 2 tbsp Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub and one pound of 28-20 ct de-veined shrimp. I sautéed the onions, garlic and mushrooms and as they softened I added the shrimp and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Once the shrimp firmed up I poured in ¾ of a jar of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo sauce. I stirred it in and removed from heat. Once the rice was done I put the shrimp and sauce over the rice and it was killer good.

Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Wing Daddy, I think I would be going for seconds on that fine plate
    sigpic

Comment

Looks outstanding. Perfect summer meal if you ask me. Please tell me the beer you served with that was ice cold.

Comment

Very good looking meal! MH certainly goes great with a lot of different foods, thanks for sharing!
        22" Weber Gold
        26" Weber
        BGE XL
        MES40
        Meadow Creek TS120 with BBQ42 Chicken cooker
        sigpic

Comment

Hey..that sounds dang good Wingguy! Pretty plate too! Gonna have to try that rice idea out too. I love rice, but it CAN be "boring"
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks and sounds awesome, Rob.

2T HAW + 1 T Pepper flakes in 3/4 of a jar of sauce over HAW rice make a me

Comment

Well that is some right fine grub there! bet that went down to the belly right fast!!
              Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
              Yoder YS640
              Weber Genesis
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber Performer
              Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Damn nice looking plate Rob! I'd hit that in a second and go back for more!
                Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                Frogmats
                Maverick ET 732
                Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment