Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    Pick me!! Pick me!!

Yeah, I feel ya big time. I cannot stand the smell or taste of lighter fluid in my food, let alone kereosene?!! GAWD, that's NASTY!!!!!!! It's so damn easy to start a fire without dousing the coals in that crap... I wish people would wake up! That's right up there with boiling your ribs!!
    the bad part is i even offered to go to my house and get my weed burner but he said nah, we'll use the fluid. I guess some people are just not into the BBQ like we are.
    My dad always used lighter fluid but that was the thing back then. I was young and didn't know any better. Wish he were still around so he could enjoy some good q.
    Stumps Baby
    Bubba Keg Convection Grill
    Digi Q
    Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
    Custom end grain cutting board
    Superfast Yellow Thermapen
    18 " Smoke Vault
    12" AMNTS
    AMNPS
    Newbie beer brewer

Comment

He's a buddy, Right? Burn 10 bux on him for a chimney and demo it. That's what I'd do
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
        back home they have come into town & attacking people,children, & pets on the streets in broad daylight. that's too close.
        Coyotes can definitely be a problem. This is the first year I have had to deal with them. I have a pack/family living in the woods behind my house, almost everynight they are up baying at the trains whistle when it comes through town @ 1:30 a.m.. Really creepy.

Hoping they move on, but being carefull with pets and kids til I know for sure.
        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          He's a buddy, Right? Burn 10 bux on him for a chimney and demo it. That's what I'd do
          Excellent idea. We've been buds for 30 yrs. I always enjoyed q'ing but really got into it about 5 yrs ago. He thinks he knows how to q but you can't tell someone their food sucks wo hurting feelings.
          Stumps Baby
          Digi Q
          18 " Smoke Vault
          12" AMNTS
          AMNPS
          Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
            Coyotes can definitely be a problem. This is the first year I have had to deal with them. I have a pack/family living in the woods behind my house, almost everynight they are up baying at the trains whistle when it comes through town @ 1:30 a.m.. Really creepy.

Hoping they move on, but being carefull with pets and kids til I know for sure.
            damn skippy. i hate to even let Aimee on the locked porch in the morning. good thing I have a donkey & a hound... i cought a coyote eyeing my ducks the other night but my perimeter lights & x-bow put a stop to that.
            i piss on ever foot of my peremiter & hang coyote glands on the fence posts- ain't seen one since.
            brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
            18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
            cast iron Hibachi
            22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
            & rotisserator
            12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
            stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
            Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
            http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
            my music recordings-
            http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

The pissing and the coyote glands sounds like it will work. Might have to give that a dry.
              Stumps Baby
              Digi Q
              18 " Smoke Vault
              12" AMNTS
              AMNPS
              Newbie beer brewer

Comment

I don't know much about the coyotes around here, but I found that the racoons stopped digging in my trash when I started soaking some of our leftovers in ghost pepper extract.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
                  I don't know much about the coyotes around here, but I found that the racoons stopped digging in my trash when I started soaking some of our leftovers in ghost pepper extract.
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                    Take it to your local fire station. We always have folks bringing food to us that was left over from an event. They will enjoy it. Sometimes we are too busy to cook & it is nice to have already cooked food there to eat.
                    i was thinking of finding a homeless person but that works just fine too!
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      hey, that damn noggin is good fer sumpin' other than holdin' all that hair.....
                      sigpic
                      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

...??... so you've known this guy for 30 yrs and now you're pissed because he invited ya over and didn't let ya cook? Did he drink your beer too? Now THAT is something to get pissed about!

Help him out, 44! I'm guessing we were all in that category at one point, I certain was/am sometimes! Matter a fact, I just jacked up a perfectly good batch a jerky because I missed a few steps. Threw that shit over the fence to the neighbors dog.

To look down our noses at those who haven't had the opportunity to learn from places like this... well, it's not my style. If they won't listen or take your suggestions, that's a totally different story!

Hell, Bassman introduced me to lighting charcoal with newspaper vs. lighter fluid. Am I ashamed of that - FUCK NO! I always say, you don't know until you know.

I hear ya on the left overs and not hurting peoples feelings. On the other hand, if you don't tell them it tastes like shit, you should expect them to give you a bucket full every you visit. If you're not going to use them for coyote bait, throw the shit away.

Comment

We got a place out in the yard called " THE SPOT". Whenever we get stuff like that it goes to the spot. When anyone asked how was it , we always say ,"That hit the spot" !!!
                          Primo oval xl, Weber22.5 kettle, 22.5 Weber proforma

Fat Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Comment

Originally posted by whitey View Post
                            We got a place out in the yard called " THE SPOT". Whenever we get stuff like that it goes to the spot. When anyone asked how was it , we always say ,"That hit the spot" !!!
                            That was a good one! Sounds like something I would do.
                            Smokers:
                            ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker aka -Baby Bink)Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoke (aka -Black Beauty)
                            SunJoy horizontal with left side firebox (aka - Lefty Lucy)
                            River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg (aka Black Egg)

Smoke preference:Combination of Charcoal, Hickory, Apple, Cherry & Pecan wood.

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
                              i piss on ever foot of my peremiter
                              lol, gonna try that one...
                              Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Walle, I've tried converting him but he's just not into the q'ing like i am. He really doesn't have the time as he is a single parent, raising a 1 yr old. He leaves for work at 430am and does not get home until 6 in the evening then he has to tend to his daughter. I try not to give him too much shit. he knows I'm not a big fan of the way he cooks and when we do a "guys" party, I usually volunteer to do the cooking. This past weekend he had alot of people over for the party and I could not maintain the grills alone. I had my grand-daughter at my side and always wants to be where I'm cooking. That's a good thing.

I've even had him over one weekend to observe the way I cook hoping it would help, but to no avail. Oh well. Chalk it up to experience.
                                Stumps Baby
                                Digi Q
                                18 " Smoke Vault
                                12" AMNTS
                                AMNPS
                                Newbie beer brewer

Comment

Working...