Really Sloppy Joes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Sloppy Joes

Well they were supposed to be burgers on the grill but after spending half our day at the Legion Post it didn't happen. Mrs Cav says how about Sloppy Joes.. I go sure.. why not. I've been drinkin shots and beers, I'm pretty sloppy right now.. I can make Joes.
    The stuff in the jar is Mad Hunky GP Rub. The stuff in the bag is Mrs Cav's Chicken and Fries Rub.

Here's the pics

Originally posted by 1Cavman View Post
    Well they were supposed to be burgers on the grill but after spending half our day at the Legion Post it didn't happen. Mrs Cav says how about Sloppy Joes.. I go sure.. why not. I've been drinkin shots and beers, I'm pretty sloppy right now.. I can make Joes.
    The stuff in the jar is Mad Hunky GP Rub. The stuff in the bag is Mrs Cav's Chicken and Fries Rub.

Here's the pics

[ATTACH]11291[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11292[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11293[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11294[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11295[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11296[/ATTACH]
    Right on man, looking great. Thats how you make some fine pub food right there.
    sigpic

Comment

Love sloppy joes, looks similar to how we do them, but we whack with a good bit of brown sugar. Some time if you have a little more time, try making up the meat, then putting down a whole roll of croissant dough (pilsbury), put the meat on top of that, a layer of cheese if ya, and we always want, then cover it with another croissant dough and seal the edges. Into the oven and when it's brown it's done! Nice and simple!
      Mustang electric smoker
      King Kooker vertical gasser
      Charbroil silver smoker
      Earnhardt Jr smoker
      Brinkman smoke n' grill
      a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post
        Love sloppy joes, looks similar to how we do them, but we whack with a good bit of brown sugar. Some time if you have a little more time, try making up the meat, then putting down a whole roll of croissant dough (pilsbury), put the meat on top of that, a layer of cheese if ya, and we always want, then cover it with another croissant dough and seal the edges. Into the oven and when it's brown it's done! Nice and simple!
        Like the dough idea
        I actually did add a handful of brown sugar to the mix as an after thought.
        I was sloppy at the time

Comment

I love sloppy joes! Especially if you put a bunch of potato chips and pickles on them.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

dang

thats right, for sloppy joes baby i think they was their own food group when i was a young man
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Perfect meal after a "day" of drinkin

I like the idea of shaking on the fry rub too
              sigpic

Comment

Great looking Sloppy Joes, Cav!!!-----

Nice Fries too!!!

Went to school with a guy we called Sloppy Joe!!
                Then there was Sloppy Susan

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Looking mighty tasty!
                  Hated sloppy Joes when I was a kid but that's cause all I had was the sauce from a can kind and school kind but homemade are delicious
                  There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Great looking and I would eat every bit of that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X