Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 08:31 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
The guy saved some bucks by doing it himself... cool! Production units? Prolly not. I see no problem here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You donít manufacture anything for sale either.

And how about the other 12,000 people seeing this and deciding to build one instead of buying?
Me thinks this got blown oot of proportion Rich. Sorry to ruffle feathers. No, I do not manufacture anything except BBQ.

And I doubt that 12,000 other folks will do this. I'm a tinkerer kinda guy, and love to do things that save me money. Period. No harm done here that I can see... The inventor of said product has nothing to worry aboot.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
So, you're saying you don't want us following your example & making our own incendiary devices???
Iím saying.. nothing other than what I said. An opinion. From a manufacturerís point of view. Alternate points of view are a good thing typically. Well.. sometimes.

Sooo/... carry on.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Sorry to ruffle feathers.
You only ruffled one set of feathers that I can tell.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
You only ruffled one set of feathers that I can tell.
Well, feathers are feathers... once in awhile, shit's gonna get ruffled...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 12-13-2017, 12:07 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Well, feathers are feathers... once in awhile, shit's gonna get ruffled...
Itís all good.. I think Iím gonna get Todd here to tell just what heís had to go thru recently. Just for perspective. And Bill.

Iím not against the guy building a mock up. But it should be kept on the DL..not a whole thread on itís construction posted.

AGAIN..MY OPINION. You are welcome to disagree. Iím running low on targets anyway
Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

The original maze and their pellets can be found very reasonably on their site and Amazon, no need to knock off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Pit Master

devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All
devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All

Never had any luck getting the maze to stay lit. I have both the maze and the tube smoker. The tube smoker worked a lot better until the holes plugged up. Pain in the butt checks to clean them out but it can be done to make it work again like new. The maze always stopped burning about 1\4-1\2 done.

PBC Drum Smoker
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
Miss Piggy Smoker
Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator
Old 12-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

OP, Sir, if your shallow on funds I'll buy you a amazn tray as a gift. No repayment ever needed. Merry Christmas !!!. Pm me if you are interested.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Funny thing is....

If I take my lunch to work for a couple of days I could buy a brand new one.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/12.htm

$24.00 I already have the 6x6 maze.

Side note I dont make my lunch. But I will share another thought. I use this process on many DIY projects that i used to do. if the cost of materials and my labor exceed the cost of buying a manufactured product. I buy the manufactured product all day long.
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 12-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
Funny thing is....

I will share another thought. I use this process on many DIY projects that i used to do. if the cost of materials and my labor exceed the cost of buying a manufactured product. I buy the manufactured product all day long.
BAM right there. Mr. Salt you nailed it.

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 12-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

I hear ya, Rich... it if we followed your logic, this entire site should be shut down. Iíve certainly shared ideas, builds, and processes that I could have kept to myself...hell, Iím sure someone has taken those ideas and hopefully made a $1M! Cuz I didnít! Smoke generator...Coon Azz Microwavee...WOK...etc.
... as has BBQ E!

I guess the way I look at this sitch(teeanage daughters here) is this: 1 out of a 1000 people actaully have the where with all to do something with anthing.

Where would we be if no one shared anything?

I Fíing hate folks who wonít share recipes....so build designs falls into that same category for me.

Sorry, Boss - I just do t see a problem here.
I am jacked up on the IPA!

Last edited by WALLE; 12-15-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:30 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Opinions are welcome. Viewpoints are as they are.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
Funny thing is....

http://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/12.htm

$24.00 I already have the 6x6 maze.

Side note I dont make my lunch. But I will share another thought. I use this process on many DIY projects that i used to do. if the cost of materials and my labor exceed the cost of buying a manufactured product. I buy the manufactured product all day long.

If they sold the size I was looking for, yeah I might have bought one. They didn't have anything to fill my needs so I cranked out what I needed and didn't have to wait for it to ship. Had a batch of tasso that needed to be smoked that day, worked like a champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Well I don't have the manufactured version or the home built...I find ways to make smoke (hot or cold) without gadgets to make it easy...But that's just me...

Old 12-16-2017, 07:18 AM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

I don't have an amazn smoker...I used to just build a really small fire...a few chips of lump huddled together and a few pieces of smoke wood on top makes a good smoke source...but you gotta tend it (I like that and I want to be involved in my process).

Mrs. Engineer bought me several bags of pellets on closeout at costco, so I put together my own pellet smoker...I won't tell you how I did it, but it seriously took me about 3 minutes and yes I did use power tools, my bench vice, and a hammer. I have since bought a tube smoker that I have used quite a bit. Both work well.

I have a bit of mechanical ability and a well outfitted shop, (not to mention about 100K SF of shop at work at my disposal) not to mention this engineering thing that I simply cannot switch off. Everything I see I am thinking of ways to tweak it to make it cheaper, faster, lighter, stronger, and more durable...I have an insatiable quest to know how shit works...that's just how I'm wired. I'm not going to mass produce anything but I will tweak and dabble in my own shop as required, but I may not post it and It is not my intent to step on someone else's toes. Just my $.02

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Hello: http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ight=smokevark

I've been making these things as long as tod - don't see an awful lot of people jumping on the band wagon.
Also don't see those of us who make their own rubs impacting on rich's sales either.

What kind of dumb nonsense is this ?

So don't be dicks about people making their own kit.

Jeez it's like the bad old days all over again - at least nobody mentioned gators yet.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 12-16-2017, 08:44 AM
FOOD FIGHT!!!

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Talking 'Merica (and England) was built upon this sort of thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Hello: http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ight=smokevark

I've been making these things as long as tod - don't see an awful lot of people jumping on the band wagon.
Also don't see those of us who make their own rubs impacting on rich's sales either.

What kind of dumb nonsense is this ?

So don't be dicks about people making their own kit.
Yep, certain people didn't put up much of a fuss then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That English Dude
Jeez it's like the bad old days all over again - at least nobody mentioned gators yet.
Heh, heh, heh...

HORIZON 16" Classic Offset
SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

Take it from SLANTED88, you'll look great...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Tool Crib