Chocolate Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee AKA Christmas Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee AKA Christmas Crack

I was surfing around looking for a recipe, and as it usually happens with surfing around...I ended up finding something that I didn't even know that I needed!

For full disclosure, I ended up at this site and found this recipe

So I decided to make the Chocolate peanut butter saltine toffee which is also known as Christmas crack. I looked at other recipes like this one, and this one adds a bit of peanut butter so in my book it is better!

I'll tell you before I get started that this turned out excellent. It is so simple, and it has a peanut buttery toffee crunch to it with a salty sweet component. It is so simplistic, but damn is it good.

Layer some saltines in a 9X13 pan...be sure to spray the hell out of it if you want this stuff to release when you are done.

Add 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of dark brown sugar to a pan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes

Pour that over the saltines and chuck that into a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes

Melt 7 tablespoons of peanut butter and when the toffee is done in the oven drizzle that on top and spread it around.

Then sprinkle a bag of chocolate chips on top and put it back in the oven for a minute or so to help melt the chocolate chips. Spread that evenly on top.

I sprinkled some little decoration candies on top

Into the freezer to set up and cool down. then you can break it up or I cut it into a square. It is delicious.

BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Oh crap...There is no way that cant be good...
    And I'm not into sweets...I probably couldnt eat but one and then I would be trying to eat something salty or spicy to clear the taste from my mouth...But damn I would enjoy that one treat
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Geez, I got a sugar rush just reading this...
      It does sound delicious though...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
      Paul

Comment

Whew, that looks great, and easy too!! Thank BBQ E!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks and sounds good
          Jim

Comment

Just might have to try this deal. Thanks for the post.
            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Hmmmm---My kinda treat!!! Tasty & Easy!!

Looks Great Dana!!

Saved!

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Oh man, they look dangerous... like eat the whole tray in one sitting dangerous! Gotta make summa dem for the holidays! Thanks for sharing!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Oh my, dam that looks TASTY, Laura makes something similar and calls it bark, but it uses a ton of butter, I'm gonna get her to make this instead...AWESOME!!!

Comment

Damn! I want some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BBQ Engineered Crack! Looks great from here!
                      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                      Frogmats
                      Maverick ET 732
                      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Yep, we have been making a version of that which we call "CRACK" (first taste is free, but it's gonna cost you after that). It does not have peanut butter though.

I'm going to have to give this variation a try. Thanks!!!
                        Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Hey Dana, I already commented above, but;
                          I showed this to Mrs Bear, and she said she saw that a few times.
                          Some called it "Christmas Crack", and some called it "Bark".

I'd be all over it---By any name it's gotta be Great !!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                            Hey Dana, I already commented above, but;
                            I showed this to Mrs Bear, and she said she saw that a few times.
                            Some called it "Christmas Crack", and some called it "Bark".
                            When I make something like this, I want one or two pieces and since Mrs. Engineer doesn't like sweets, I end up giving the rest away at work. I asked one guy if he wanted some Christmas Crack...He got this look on his face...and I chuckled and said Not that kind of crack...it helps that I have a 12 year old sense of humor too, because I saw right where he was going with that!

It was a GIGANTIC hit at work. I have to say it was pretty damn good for as easy as it was.
                            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Im a , I sent the link to Laura and she said, "that is the recipe I make"
                              Oh well at least she won't be roasting my NUTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X