No Meat Calls For Sweet Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Meat Calls For Sweet Heat

Hummus for the new vegan in the house. He wanted to make some with some flavor, and some heat. I told him I had just the stuff. Mad Hunky Sweet Heat [emoji106]

Great flavor, and a nice little bit of heat at the end. Super easy. Here's what I did following a basic recipe. Everything in the food processor and "process" until you like the consistency, add more lemon juice if you like it thinner, or maybe some water?

1 (15-16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
    3 T EVOO
    1.5 T Lemon juice
    2 small cloves Garlic, medium chopped
    1 t salt. I used coarse Himalayan
    1/2 t pepper. I used fresh cracked
    1.5 T Mad Hunk Sweet Heat

Round 2, used 2 T Mad Hunky General Purpose rub instead of Sweat Heat, and added 3 T roasted Yellow and Orange peppers. Also delicious!

Last edited by Fishawn; 09-23-2017, 05:15 PM.
    sigpic

So what exactly do you do with hummus?
    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

That sounds dang good! I’m a HUGE chick pea/garbanzo bean fan from waaay back. Yumm!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
        Crackers... is classic...bread... good toasted garlic bread is a great call. For non veggies- as a sammy spread or heck..could see it as an ingredient in a stuffing on a loin or such.
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

We are eating it with Juanita's tortilla chips, but I think as Rich said crackers and Pita bread is probably what most folks use. Oh, and cold beer to chase r down
          sigpic

Comment

I do love me some Garbanzos
            Add some sweet heat...Hell yes...
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

Because.......... Bacon...

I'm thinkin' it would be perfect with bacon...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                I'm thinkin' it would be perfect with bacon...
                Schmeared on a crisp slice..Mmm! but..oh hell..

Comment

It sounds great but I'm not gonna F-up a good piece of bacon with it
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    It sounds great but I'm not gonna F-up a good piece of bacon with it

AMEN !!!

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Hummus for the new vegan in the house. He wanted to make some with some flavor, and some heat. I told him I had just the stuff. Mad Hunky Sweet Heat [emoji106]

Great flavor, and a nice little bit of heat at the end. Super easy. Here's what I did following a basic recipe. Everything in the food processor and "process" until you like the consistency, add more lemon juice if you like it thinner, or maybe

Sounds great to me!! I've never made hummus before but I might just try this. Did you use tahini (sesame seed paste) at all? I thought that was a major ingredient in hummus.
                      Mike
                      Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                        Sounds great to me!! I've never made hummus before but I might just try this. Did you use tahini (sesame seed paste) at all? I thought that was a major ingredient in hummus.
                        No Tahini in either. Mad Hunky was substituted. He wanted something spicy
                        sigpic

Comment

I pack my wheel bearings with it...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks and sounds good.

I'm not a big fan, but Pam would eat that in one setting. She loves the stuff
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              I pack my wheel bearings with it...
                              Well, y'see, I always thought that was the stuff that grew on the North side of a tree...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X