Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Wing Style Pork Popper.

Buffalo Wing Style Pork Popper.

This pulled pork was on its last leg, it was in the fridge for a while and dried out a bit. I needed to use it up or toss it, so I figured I would make little Buffalo Wing Style Pork Poppers.

Pork is processed to a finer consistency using a 3-1 ratio of Barbecue Sauce and Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Wing Sauce.

Celery, onions, and a three cheese blend is added. I added a little bit of romaine to add moisture as well.

Mixed well.

Had some crescent roll dough in the fridge, asked the Wifey if I could use it...never know what shes got going on for dinners and stuff.

Wrapping

Its funny, this was one of the last ones, I finally got a decent wrap going.

Foiled and coated baking sheet in olive oil.

Baked 20 minutes @ 325°, then popped on the broiler for several minutes, I didn't want the bottom to get burnt and they were already golden brown on the bottom.

Served with Sour Cream, I had no Blu Cheese dressing.

I still had some leftover of this mix so I used it to make an awesome taco filling, just add a little cumin and chili powder.

These would also be great;
    • Battered and deep fried.
    • Stuffing for ABT's
    • Stuffed Peppers with barley
    • Pizza topping
    • Buffalo Wing Style Pork Cheese Steak, Place in a roll add American cheese, wrap in foil, bake 20 minits @ 300°
    • Taco wraps, wrap in a soft shell taco, wrap taco in microwave safe plastic wrap, microwave for thirty - 40 seconds

Notes:
    • Most of the heat is lost after baking so don't be afraid to go heavy on the wing sauce or add some chopped jalapenos.
    • They also needed more moisture, These were drier than I would have liked. Make the filling more wet using apple juice, more Pineapple Juice, Wing Sauce, Salsa, Sprite, etc...

Serve me a plate of them please!!! Them look great,,, Nice job

DS
    Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
    1930 Fridge Build
    MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
    Therma Pen
    Maverick 732
    Mini Therma Pen
    Frog Mats
    Weber Junior
    AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Great idea! I love messing with puff pastry, haven't really tried anything with crescent roll dough. Cool looking results!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Dammit man...I just made all my leftover PP into burritos...

I like the idea...So many ways to twist this around...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

I'm good for that!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
          X