Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4.99 lb Whole Boneless Ribeye..... Count Me In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.99 lb Whole Boneless Ribeye..... Count Me In!

Local meat shop had whole boneless Ribeye on sale @ $4.99 lb. Had to pick one up, cut steaks and vac pack. Trying to stock up the freezer, so I don't have to go into town all the time for meat. Took aboot an hour to cut, pack and clean up. Got 20 steaks of aboot 12 oz +- each. 13.60 lbs to start with. Aboot 1/2 price of buying cut steaks from most stores aroond here. Thinking I will be doing this more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

I just don't get it! I live in cattle country. The county 2 miles to the north of me is one of the top producers of fat cattle in the country. Got several packing plants within a 70 mile radius. And yet a chunk of meat like that would be double. Cut ribeye are about $10/pound at our grocery store. I see your post and I see bearcarver's great ribeye deals and I just don't get it

Rant over great score fishawn!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

I just don't get it! I live in cattle country. The county 2 miles to the north of me is one of the top producers of fat cattle in the country. Got several packing plants within a 70 mile radius. And yet a chunk of meat like that would be double. Cut ribeye are about $10/pound at our grocery store. I see your post and I see bearcarver's great ribeye deals and I just don't get it

I'm right there with ya Ryan...
      Only reason I get bargains is cause I work for a company that does beef...From feed to slaughter...

But I aint seen $5 ribeyes for years...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Dat chit be PreeeeeTTy!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

Maybe this will help. Here in Oregon we have some of the best crab in the nation. It is Dungenous crab it is f'n delicious and doesn't need to be covered up with old bay like the blues from back east. Problem is unless you go drop the pots yourself it is very very expensive. The reason why is most of the commercial producers have deals with China. It is a delicacy there. They are willing to pay a huge premium so they get about 2/3 of catch. Which in turn drives up the cost for locals because of the rules of supply and demand. What you describe as one of "the top producer of fat cattle in the country" could be doing the same thing. If they can get better money shipping a product away than keeping it local they will do so. I am not saying a foreign land, but say a closer larger metro area that uses a lot of meat like K.C. or Vegas. Again this lowers supply and raises prices for the locals.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            Maybe this will help. Here in Oregon we have some of the best crab in the nation. It is Dungenous crab it is f'n delicious and doesn't need to be covered up with old bay like the blues from back east. Problem is unless you go drop the pots yourself it is very very expensive. The reason why is most of the commercial producers have deals with China. It is a delicacy there. They are willing to pay a huge premium so they get about 2/3 of catch. Which in turn drives up the cost for locals because of the rules of supply and demand. What you describe as one of "the top producer of fat cattle in the country" could be doing the same thing. If they can get better money shipping a product away than keeping it local they will do so. I am not saying a foreign land, but say a closer larger metro area that uses a lot of meat like K.C. or Vegas. Again this lowers supply and raises prices for the locals.

Just a thought.
            Same thing with Oysters/Clams around here, and Fish is usually spendy as well.

I buy 90% of the meat in our house, with the exception of the ground beef from Costco the wife unit brings home. She used to buy the thin sliced pork loin steaks at Fred Meyer..... $4.99 a $5.99 lb. Now, I buy the whole pork loins at Cash and Carry for under $2.00 lb. Cut steaks, trim and vac pack... nice to have a stash in the freezer, and save the trim for sausage.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow that looks awesome Fish Man
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Dayum Fish! For $4.99, I'da gotten two! Just did that myself with one that was $6.99 a pound and thought I got a steal!
                Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                Weber Performer
                Weber 22.5" OTG
                Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                BBQ Food Truck

Comment

I see whole NY strip for that price around here but never ribeye. Nice score!
                  Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Nice score Sir FishCatDaddy! Never seen them that cheap around here!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Very nice score! I see Albertsons has bone in for that price on occasion but not boneless.

Comment

That's a Great Score, Scott !!

I used to pay $4.99 every Christmas week, until 5 years ago.
                        Over the past 4 years I've been searching flyers weekly, and ending up paying $6.99, $5.99, and even a couple $7.99.
                        Then a few weeks ago (Easter Week), Giant had Choice Prime Rib for $4.99, and here I sit with more than a year's supply (8 roasts of 5 to 6 pounds) sitting in my Meat Freezer!!!
                        I had to Pass them up!!!

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                          That's a Great Score, Scott !!

I used to pay $4.99 every Christmas week, until 5 years ago.
                          Over the past 4 years I've been searching flyers weekly, and ending up paying $6.99, $5.99, and even a couple $7.99.
                          Then a few weeks ago (Easter Week), Giant had Choice Prime Rib for $4.99, and here I sit with more than a year's supply (8 roasts of 5 to 6 pounds) sitting in my Meat Freezer!!!
                          I had to Pass them up!!!

Bear
                          Buy another freezer.
                          http://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-3-5...FQtpfgodqKoDDA

Comment

Great price for sure. And those steaks be lookin' GOOD!
                            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post

That's not the problem. I got plenty of Freezer Space.

We eat about one 6 pounder about every two months. I don't like to intentionally have more than 18 months worth of Prime Ribs on hand.

Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X