No announcement yet.

Chivo Goat Leg on Indian Frybread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn! Brought the goat ruckus on that one!
    sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
    Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
    Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Looks real nice! definitely different!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Oh crud...
        I would eat that in a heartbeat...
        Would damn sure cook one if I had the chance...Just cause I haven't ever...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds great Jeanie....I'd be all over that stuff.

Reminds me a bit of the way I like to do my leg of lamb.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14941
          sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Goatr is actually the most widely eaten red meat in the world. They even raise them in australia for export to the middle east - strange but true.

Had it a couple of time in stew, lambs my favourite meat so goats going to be good too.

As I have never had leg of goat I think I'd have just used the rub, thinking the wet marinade might have overpowered the flavour a bit.
            Maybe not.
            Tastes more like beef short rib meat when cooked like this
            Hmm, would it have done without the marinade ?

Either way I think you eat better than anyone I know, have some jealousy :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
              and grass fed to boot...

I think the closest thing to goat I have had would be antelope. I believe they are a type of goat. And properly handled they are excellent eating.

Those fry bread sammies look superb!!!
              My darned puter keeps getting knocked offline.. hope this post comes through. lol
              I bet antelope would be a good comparison Eraine. Would love to try it sometime. There are herds close to me but I've not hunted them. Not even sure if the land owners allow it.
              Hope you give it a try! Thank you E!! :)

Forgot to add... all of the goat is used Eraine, you can make burger with the meat too.

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              Excellent post Jeanie! We have some Jamaican Places round here that have really nice curry goat and roast goat. Really like it, haven't had it smoked yet .... butt maybe soon. It is available here.
              Funny thing, before my family moved here from Louisiana the ate goat all the time...and never pork? Don know why.

Love those frybread sammies!
              Mark thanks!! Glad to hear you have tried and like goat too. It's hard to describe.. tastes like goat. lol Interesting about your family eating goat and not pork, They are easier to keep as far as feeding.
              They are really popular in my area. Most folks here raise Boer meat goats.

Thank you Fishawn, Charcuteryan and Brian!

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              Oh crud...
              I would eat that in a heartbeat...
              Would damn sure cook one if I had the chance...Just cause I haven't ever...
              Craig you need to roast a whole one. Thanks, I'd share if you lived closer!!
              Last edited by cowgirl; 06-07-2014, 01:39 PM.
              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                Sounds great Jeanie....I'd be all over that stuff.

Reminds me a bit of the way I like to do my leg of lamb.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14941
                Thank you Hoser!! Your lamb looks delicious, I'd love to try that. Thank you for the link.

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                Goatr is actually the most widely eaten red meat in the world. They even raise them in australia for export to the middle east - strange but true.

Had it a couple of time in stew, lambs my favourite meat so goats going to be good too.

As I have never had leg of goat I think I'd have just used the rub, thinking the wet marinade might have overpowered the flavour a bit.
                Maybe not.

Hmm, would it have done without the marinade ?

Either way I think you eat better than anyone I know, have some jealousy :-)
                Thank you!!
                The goat still tastes like goat with this recipe. I was trying to think of some way to describe it to Sam. It's a dark, rich meat like beef short ribs .......but then again raccoon is a dark, rich meat too.

My area of Oklahoma has a large Hispanic population. Meat goats are a staple for many families. The friend who supplies me with meat is also a pretty darned good cook. One of his favorite ways to serve goat is heat a large discada, add a bit of oil, garlic, onions, peppers and spices, then cut slivers off of a leg or shoulder right over the pan letting them fry up quickly. His wife makes fresh tortillas and we go at it.
                Grab a tortilla, fill it with goat, the seasoned goodies in the pan and wash it down with a cold beer.
                I do that with beef cheeks too.

Thanks again for the kind comments everybody. Hope you give goat a try if you haven't.
                jeanie

Comment

I would say it's closer to beef than lamb or venison but not as intense as coon.
                  Raccoon is a greasy little bit, armadillo too.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Good description Mark!
                    Coon also reminds me of goose.
                    jeanie

Comment

jebus jeanie....you'd keep me fatter than i already am!
                      sigpic
                      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                        jebus jeanie....you'd keep me fatter than i already am!
                        Thank you Rob!! :)
                        jeanie

Comment

Working...
                        X