This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
    Whether I agree is not the point. Should one find question in ANY recipe I would think this would be what it would take to either skip it, or add to it based on your knowledge. Given that there are knowledgeable folk regarding curing in a close vicinity, the answer is but a question away.
    True... But also given the one would know to ask the right question. Possibly they will after this exchange ;{)
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      PS- how many sausages you have hanging without cure?
      Just one but you steer clear of that one! I live in a small town and people talk ya know?

Hah! Better late than never I say.
      sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

Hey Rich
        Here is another site that has some pretty good recipes and they break them out into several catagories like fresh - cooked - cold smoked and hot smoked

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes.htm
        Scarbelly

Comment

bookmarked that one SB - thanks :-)
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Was out at Stuffers last week to pick up another plate for my grinder. Was talking with the owner about sausage making, smoking, etc. and he tells me "You know we have a Pork slaughter house right behind us here and they do sell to the public" ...... SCORE!!!!!!!

Butts, Ribs, and Bellies OH MY !!!!
            Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
            GOSM x 2
            Vermont Casting Grill
            Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Rich. I am always on the prowl for sausage recipes.
              Al

Comment

Made 2 of the Brat's last week awsome, thanks Rich
                Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                Ducane 4100 propane grill
                Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  bookmarked that one SB - thanks :-)
                  I thought that link would be right up your alley
                  Scarbelly

Comment

More Recipes and formulation info.

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/yf/foods/he176w.htm
                    sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

F Dick 12 LT Sausage Stuffer

Howdy Folks ! First of all I want to tell all of you fine folks that Smoked-Meats .Com Is a Great place for an Old Meat Cutter and Sausage Maker to hang out. Thank You All.

Any way back to the heading of the thread. I have this 12 LT F.Dick stuffer (25 Pounder) Well some time back I loaned it to a good friend to stuff his deer sausage and snack sticks and went to pick it up the other day and when I got there he told me that there was a problem as a tooth had broken off the main drive gear (It's a 2 speed) and he tried to fix it by welding the piece of tooth back on (Bad Move) any way now when it comes to that spot on the gear it binds up. Now this Friend is a good fella and it was not done intentional. I bought this stuffer when I owned my two meat shops and Slaughter Plant about 35 years ago and it was used then.
                      So I called F.Dick U.S.A. out on the east coast to see it I could order a replacement gear for the stuffer and was told that no parts were available for that old of a stuffer. Bummer.
                      Next I called this place out in Pennselvaia that makes gears and was told that yes they could make a replacement gear and the cost for the gear would be around 50 bucks and that they would need the old gear so as to build a new one and use the old gear for a pattern. Now the rest of the story Th 50 bucks was for the gear and to set the machines up and program them would be between $1,500.00 and $2,000.00 !!!!
                      Hell I could buy a brand new 25 pounder for 2 Grand. So I check around here and I have found a machine shop here in town that I took it to and showed him what I needed to have repaired and He told me he could Fix It .
                      Good now I don't know what it will cost but I said I'd pay Him what it was worth. I'm guessing maybe 150.00 to 200.00 But It will be worth it as them F.Dicks are Tanks. Rookie07

Comment

Wow... 2K for a gear? I'm sure it would have .001" tolerance..but the F. Dick don't need that...

Happy to hear you got someone to take care of it...

Hey..have you shown the repaired gear to them? Maybe it only needs a touch-up with a grinder?

And thank you for the compliments to the site.
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

F.Dick Stuffer update

Yup Rich I took the whole stuffer to him and he said he thought he might be able to fix the old gear but after further inspection he wasn't able to repair the old gear.

So he machined a new gear and I got it back this morning and it seems to work, we will see when I load the barrel up with sausage and stuff it. It cost a little more than I had anticipated (428.00) but what do you do as a new one is over 2,000.00 but they are stainless steel and U.S.D.A. approved and this will just be for my own personal use here at home. I'm getting older and that sucker weighs 50 or so pounds, sorta had me puffing bringing that bad boy it in the house.
                          I don't look forward to lugging that sucker up out of the basement into the kitchen every time I make sausage !!! Maybe Big Bula (the wife) will let me keep it on the counter here in the kitchen ya suppose ??? Yup in My Dreams. LOL

I'm puter Stupid or I'd post ya all some pictures.Besides last time I used the wife's digital camera I didn't get the Fish Slime wiped off real good and she won't let me use it any more. Now here's the kicker I spent over 500.00 dollars on that camera and gave it to her as a gift and she won't let me near it. Women I'll never understand um but on the other hand She's a keeper. Later Rookie07

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie07 View Post
                            I don't look forward to lugging that sucker up out of the basement into the kitchen every time I make sausage !!! Maybe Big Bula (the wife) will let me keep it on the counter here in the kitchen ya suppose ??? Yup in My Dreams. LOL

That's why I sold a couple nice slicers...

Originally posted by Rookie07 View Post
                            I spent over 500.00 dollars on that camera and gave it to her as a gift and she won't let me near it. Women I'll never understand um but on the other hand She's a keeper. Later Rookie07
                            Same deal here. Besides...if I don't take a blurry pict once in a while..folks accuse me of fraud

Comment

Sorry to open a old thread but has anybody tried any of these recipes? interested in trying to find a good breakfast sausage, Italian sausage etc. people have mentioned farmers John's recipe but having troubles finding any recipes on this forum any help would be great.
                              I have searched the sausage threads still not finding exactly what I'm looking for please point me in the right direction sorry for my ignorance lol

Comment

Originally posted by ez2b View Post
                                Sorry to open a old thread but has anybody tried any of these recipes? interested in trying to find a good breakfast sausage, Italian sausage etc. people have mentioned farmers John's recipe but having troubles finding any recipes on this forum any help would be great.
                                I have searched the sausage threads still not finding exactly what I'm looking for please point me in the right direction sorry for my ignorance lol

I have made a few of the recipes from this, and I am not sure about a Farmer John breakfast recipe here.. I do know of a Farm House / Style breakfast sausage.. It is just a basic breakfast sausage.. You can tweak it to your liking and add hot pepper flakes to get some heat..

5 LBS. MED. GROUND PORK BUTT
                                1 TBSP. SALT
                                1 TBSP. PEPPER
                                1 TSP. GROUND NUTMEG
                                1 TSP. GROUND CLOVES
                                1 TSP. GROUND MACE
                                1 TSP. GROUND SAGE
                                5 oz. WATER

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND STUFF INTO SHEEP CASING OR MAKE INTO
                                PATTIES.
                                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                                X