Sirloin and Slumgullion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirloin and Slumgullion

Started with left over raw veggies, odds and ends. Mixed in some leftover rice. I'm calling it slumgullion, but real slumgullion would have beans and meat in it. When we were camping in my teens, everyone would bring something and we'd toss it all in a pot and that was dinner for all of us. My Pop said that is what the hobos riding the rail cars would do. SOoo, my short version. Brussles Sprouts, ooion, celery, green pepper, corn, squash, rice, S&P, hot sauce......garlic.

SV'd a sirloin @129° fer an hour, chilled it then seared it on the "Q".

Plated

Mmmmmmmmmmm!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

1st post using Postimage! Thanks again Ice!!! It is like PB was in the begining.
    Really easy.

Aight, I confess. I wasn't going to post this cook. But I wanted to test Postimage and these were on my phone.
    Last edited by Mark R; 07-01-2017, 06:27 PM.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks great Mark. Around here we call that "mess in a pan". Same idea though.

Comment

You had my attention at "slumgullion"......pictures look good too.

I think I will sign up, at least until I get a domain solution set up.

Comment

SlumgollionMarkDady, that looks great!
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome Mark! Interesting on the slumgullion - I have rarely seen the word slumgullion used...ever.
            My family's take on the slumgullion is basically an "end of the garden" canning effort. Mostly tomatoes, pepper and cabbage - great for putting over a bowl of beans over top cornbread. Might be loosely based off the region and what they had to use I'm guessing.
            ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Looks tasty Mark
              Jim

Comment

Okay SlumgullionCatDaddy! That look gooooood!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

photos work well with the forum. also checked it through Tapatalk app on my phone and they look just fine.
                  sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Working...
                  X