Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dessert from the Desert. Ice Man's Hot Mocha Fudge Cake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert from the Desert. Ice Man's Hot Mocha Fudge Cake.

I was really intrigued by Ice Man's hot mocha fudge cake...I love chocolate and coffee together. I knew I had to make it. I also knew that I couldn't leave well enough alone...I had to add my own touch.

Here we go....

Batter was mixed up as directed.

But I added a bag of chocolate chips too!

Put that in a small pan

Mixed up the topping and sprinkled on top.

Had some double strength coffee brewed, but I thought I'd amp that up too...so I pulled 4 shots of expresso. This is good stuff in a double sized ESE pod.

Over the top...and Into the oven.

I think Tom Petty said it best....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uMyCa35_mOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll be back with finished photos.
    Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 07-28-2016, 09:12 PM.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0YIJQ1jgEI?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oooooh baby!!! That's gonna be good...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

OK...I stumbled up the stairs after having two bowls to post this...Whew! I think my face is flushed...and my mouth is still sweating!

This is SUPER rich. Mrs. Engineer says it is more coffee than chocolate (probably due to the 4 shots of espresso!) and it is also less sweet than she thought it would be (a good thing). This screams for Ice Cream...and I have to say that the cakey part is kind of like the fudge brownies in a DQ Blizzard (love that). Thoughts on variation...a good smash of cinnamon, some heat like cayenne, or Mrs. Engineer also suggested orange zest. We have some orange infused olive oil that is super orange essence stuff that we got here...maybe sub some of that for the butter? It's a super rich base that has experiments written all over it.

Thanks Ice...I'll probably be up till late due to all of the caffeine, but it was worth it.

Outta the oven

Bowl number 1...

Bowl Number 2...
      BBQ Eng.

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Very nice Dana...
        When you said you were making changes the first thing I thought of is Chipotle powder...Goes so well with chocolate...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm...... looks like it would be good for breakfast. You know... so the caffeine buzz would be worn off by the evening.

I have so got to try this (with maybe a little less espresso).
          Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Looks and sounds killer

I like the cayenne idea with chocolate
            sigpic

Comment

NAILED IT!!!

Nicely done, Dana. I forgot to tell you how rich it was... Bhut it is soooooooooooo worth it...

My --->
              Paul

Comment

That looks soooooooooooooooo good

I like the sounds of Chipotle or cayenne added in. orange zest would be good added in with the pepper. I don't think the orange olive oil would be good in this recipe. JMHO
                Jim

Comment

That looks amazing Dana! I agree, the cayenne pepper and chocolate go together amazingly well. We make homemade chocolate ice cream with cayenne and cinnamon in the mix. Awesome flavors!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You can take variation only so far...

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

Had some double strength coffee brewed, but I thought I'd amp that up too...so I pulled 4 shots of expresso. This is good stuff in a double sized ESE pod.

I don't remember using a condom in my recipe...

My --->
                    Paul

Comment

I love making / using espresso but it is such a freakin' mess. I end up with espresso grounds everywhere...those ESE (Easy Serve Espresso) pods are a thin paper filter that encapsulates the espresso.

A standard single expresso is 7 grams and those are doubles (14 grams). They make it so easy and witout any mess. Love that.

Oh, and I didn't sleep well last night...Prolly to much caffeine!
                      Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 07-29-2016, 10:12 AM.
                      BBQ Eng.

Comment

Hey Dana, maybe on the next one you could try throwing in a shot of Irish Whiskey or sumpin'... After all, whiskey goes well with chocolate & with coffee.

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Bailey's Irish Cream. Now you are thinking outside the box!
                          Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Working...
                          X