Sour Cherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour Cherry

Was curious if anyone has ever used this wood before? Have one of these in the back yard that has some dead growth on it.

I'm gonna give it a go but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the flavors of this wood?

Hmmm I have used plenty of bing cherry wood and I love it. Myself I would do it, but I would use it with chicken first and here is why...
    1. If it is sour i think chicken could handle it better.
    2. chicken holds up well to a sweet sauce if you need to correct after the cook.
    3. Lastly chicken cooks quickly so it wouldn't be in the smoke nearly as long as pork or beef.
    4. Lastly Using chicken i think the flavor, whatever it is, is going to be a true taste and give you the best chance to evaluate honestly.

Comment

I've used sour cherry wood for years and it's one of my favorites. Around here we call them "pie cherries". Especially good on poultry and pork but I even mix it with hickory or pecan when smoking a brisket.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yeah you be fine. My neighbor has one and he tosses his trimmings my way... use at your will!!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hoytmania View Post
          Was curious if anyone has ever used this wood before? Have one of these in the back yard that has some dead growth on it.

I'm gonna give it a go but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the flavors of this wood?
          HUMMMM?
          Does that mean it's seasoned sooner? Ok j/k that wood, would be gone! that's one of my favorites! chix, pork, even beast! I do favor it on the yardbird as the lovely color it tends to the meat as well.... happy smokes

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
          X