Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey! Smoked-Meat, what's cooking this Fathers Day Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! Smoked-Meat, what's cooking this Fathers Day Weekend?

Just some burgers and chicken tonight for my clan. Tomorrow? Who knows? Sunday at Dads will be Tri Tip and HUGE chicken breasts. The TT is ready to go, vac packed with JAB and Montreal.... The breasts are vac packed, but not sure on seasoning them, or a marinade? ..... I have a day, so chime in with anything..... my Mom is the chicken eater, and likes anything different thought maybe a Jerk rub/marinade?, but will consider anything flavorful, and or different

What's Cooking This Weekend?
    sigpic

no plans or ideas............not that i've ever had any................
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
      no plans or ideas............not that i've ever had any................
      Well, you get a pass then NoPlanOrIdeaDaddy! I'm sure you can think of sumptin. Only going to be aboot 68-70 here tomorrow.... hows your weather
      sigpic

Comment

Ummm, can't say, it a secret, from me too!

Think I might smell brisket for next the day over, maybe, maybe knot.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yikes!!!

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          Well, you get a pass then NoPlanOrIdeaDaddy! I'm sure you can think of sumptin. Only going to be aboot 68-70 here tomorrow.... hows your weather
          Does this give you a clue???

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 110° & 120° by Tuesday... Supposedly we will break the record for consecutive days over 115°...

The whole State is under a heat advisory & wildfires are popping up everywhere...

So... I don't think I'll be tending the Horizon while smoking up a nice brisky anytime soon.
          Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 06-17-2017, 01:17 AM.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
            Does this give you a clue???

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 110° & 120° by Tuesday... Supposedly we will break the record for consecutive days over 115°...

The whole State is under a heat advisory & wildfires are popping up everywhere...

So... I don't think I'll be tending the Horizon while smoking up a nice brisky anytime soon.

I drove to Phoenix from Vegas Thursday to see my folks. They were talking about the projected weather next week. If it happens, it is going to be brutal. What is the temp where the airplanes can't generate enough lift to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strength_and_power View Post
              I drove to Phoenix from Vegas Thursday to see my folks. They were talking about the projected weather next week. If it happens, it is going to be brutal. What is the temp where the airplanes can't generate enough lift to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It's going to depend on not only temp bhut other things as well like humidity, elevation etc. When it hit 122° here in 1990 they only had airline performance calculations for 120° bhut I believe they have since done some more cypherin' for higher temps.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
              Paul

Comment

going to be doing a tri tip too, they had them on sale for 5.99 at the corner store! Picked up 3... mac salad, grilled asparagus, not sure what else... maybe rolls..
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

supposed to be super hot an sunny this weekend.
                  So bbq is on.
                  Currently thinking: pineapple slabs (my new favourite) liberally coated with madhunky and grilled to slightly charred, bratwursts, ribs, my game burgers and citrus marinated chicken thigh kebabs. Got me some dried lime powder from the pakistani grocers I want to try out :-)
                  Hoping lidl aren't sold out of potato salad - have to make it if they are.
                  Garlic bread - obviously.

Evgen got me some Estrella Damn in the fridge

And sitting outside, with luck :-)
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    supposed to be super hot an sunny this weekend.
                    So bbq is on.
                    Currently thinking: pineapple slabs (my new favourite) liberally coated with madhunky and grilled to slightly charred, bratwursts, ribs, my game burgers and citrus marinated chicken thigh kebabs. Got me some dried lime powder from the pakistani grocers I want to try out :-)
                    Hoping lidl aren't sold out of potato salad - have to make it if they are.
                    Garlic bread - obviously.

Evgen got me some Estrella Damn in the fridge

And sitting outside, with luck :-)
                    I use lime powder in a couple of my rubs...Very nice if used sparingly...I like to taste it without being able to really taste it...If that makes sense...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Last night, I SV'd a couple of London Broils, seasoned with Mad Hanky JAB, salt and pepper and a pad of butter. 134 for 5 hours, then iced and frigidated for a nap overnight. They will be reheated and seared, prolly 2nite. As for Father's Day, I want someone else to cook for me...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Despite the heat I think I'll play around with the Disc today

On fathers day I want to spend the whole day cooking on the patio
                        I dunno what yet but I bet it will be soft
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

took friday & monday off...out in me travel trailer camping...got me rtic cooler jacked up with some nattys!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                            took friday & monday off...out in me travel trailer camping...got me rtic cooler jacked up with some nattys!
                            Enjoy!
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                              You are a wise man.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X