Still workin on my "Chicken Bryan"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
    ... but this is goat flavored... I guess...
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Such simple flavors and textures yet so complex and complete...Perfect...

adds no flavors but still adds all the moist wonderfulness that you would expect from a Hunky Brine...This way we can let all the flavors of the recipe come through uncomplicated...

Holy crapola, is this our Craiger the bowtieman typing here or did he have Lena put this into words for him???

That looks simply stupendous Craig, i bet the taste of the sauce is exquisite.

A very fine rendition of a classical entree which I am sure tantalized the taste buds.

Ok, enuff screwing around, on the list man
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
        Holy crapola, is this our Craiger the bowtieman typing here or did he have Lena put this into words for him???

That looks simply stupendous Craig, i bet the taste of the sauce is exquisite.

A very fine rendition of a classical entree which I am sure tantalized the taste buds.

Ok, enuff screwing around, on the list man
        I think I sense some mockery here...I dunno...

Yeah E I thought that sounded a bit over the top when Lena told me to say it...

A more accurate SMOKE FREAK response would be "The chicken didn't suck...Y'all oughta try it...It was purty good......
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

I think I sense some mockery here...I dunno...

Yeah E I thought that sounded a bit over the top when Lena told me to say it...

A more accurate SMOKE FREAK response would be "The chicken didn't suck...Y'all oughta try it...It was purty good......
          more like it man! couldnt help meself Craig. But i believe you when ya say, "Y'all oughta try it..." cuz it looks better than that good!

Say hi to Lena and tell her she needs to come up with more of this "The New Smoke Freak would you please pass the grey poupon blurbage
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post

Say hi to Lena and tell her she needs to come up with more of this "The New Smoke Freak would you please pass the grey poupon blurbage
            Nothing like a grin with your first sip of coffee in the AM !
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
              Yeah no kidding.. Maybe I should have been more specific..... is there a brand or a certain type (name) of goat cheese... I would think that there are many forms of goat cheese, just like cow cheese...
              lol oh yeah. there are goat cheeses that taste like you're sucking on a rank billy goats beard that's in must (or is that just elephants ). They pretty much make me retch.

And at the other end of the spectrum there are very subtly flavoured goats cheese that I actually quite like.

I'm assuming you used a fairly mild goat cream cheese as it's not that easy smearing a hard cheese.

You're not going to talk me into ever using chicken breast - but I might give it a go with some thigh
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

You're not going to talk me into ever using chicken breast - but I might give it a go with some thigh
                Why not? The brine pretty much guarentees even a grilling-challenged Limey can turn out a good breast
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Why not? The brine pretty much guarentees even a grilling-challenged Limey can turn out a good breast
                  I guess he's not a breast man...

Yep...The brine makes (even) me seem like I know what Im doing....
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks and sound great!
                    Did a Google...does this help?

Original Carrabba's Chicken Bryan (Not Copycat!)
                    2 servings
                    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
                    kosher salt, to taste
                    fresh ground pepper, to taste
                    olive oil
                    4 ounces goat cheese
                    6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
                    2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
                    4 teaspoons onions, minced
                    4 teaspoons garlic, minced
                    8 tablespoons butter, divided
                    6 tablespoons white wine
                    1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon's worth)

Directions:

1 Brush chicken on both sides with olive oil, season to taste with Kosher salt and cracked pepper.
                    2 Grill chicken until done (internal temp of 165F) - prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is grilling.
                    3 Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and fragrant.
                    4 Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
                    5 Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, a little at a time, until it melts and mixture is emulsified.
                    6 Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
                    7 Top nearly-done chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese until cheese warms and softens.
                    8 To serve, spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.

Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/original-carrabbas-chicken-bryan-not-copycat-361631?oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/recipe/original-carrabbas-chicken-bryan-not-copycat-361631?oc=linkback</a>
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yeah Mark Thats where I started...And believe me that sauce is nothing like the sauce from Carrabbas...So the quest continues...Ill probably bore y"all some more when I get it where I want it to be...The key is starting with a juice piece-o-bird...Thanks to Mad Hunky Nekkid Brine...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

chicken breast is the least flavourful part of the chicken.
                        Texture isn't great and it's about twice the price of thigh - which is infinitely better flavoured, better texture and better colour.

I just don't see the point of cooking with chicken breast when there are cheaper, better alternatives from the same animal.

Not a cooking issue.

I doubt I'll ever understand modern societies obsession with chicken breast. It does seem to be that it's popular because it's particularly flavourless. I suppose it's good for carrying other flavours.

I'd just rather eat something that has flavour to start with and work from there :-)
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post

I doubt I'll ever understand modern societies obsession with chicken breast. It does seem to be that it's popular because it's particularly flavourless. I suppose it's good for carrying other flavours.
                          My bet: It's also VERY lean and low in cholesterol.... hence, flavor as well

Comment

Much to my surprise....When Lena was doing the weight watchers thing, thighs were far less points than breast...Everyone thinks that breast is the diet friendly choice but maybe not....

But the chicken didn't suck
                            Craig
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah Mark Thats where I started...And believe me that sauce is nothing like the sauce from Carrabbas...So the quest continues...Ill probably bore y"all some more when I get it where I want it to be...The key is starting with a juice piece-o-bird...Thanks to Mad Hunky Nekkid Brine...
                              Let me look at the methods tomorrow, may be some tricks or short cuts not...listed.
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Much to my surprise....When Lena was doing the weight watchers thing, thighs were far less points than breast...Everyone thinks that breast is the diet friendly choice but maybe not....

But the chicken didn't suck
                                Huh. Well, I would not really know. Nor care

Comment

Working...
                                X