Posted On: 02-25-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 34
0 Chicken and sausage gumbo
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 8
Views: 107
0 When your away from home and need to smoke...
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 16
Views: 155
0 USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin
Last Post: Spivitz
Replies: 10
Views: 78
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,583 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,387 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,913 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Default Hungarian Cracklin' bisquits

These are a great biscuit for either buttering, or for a gravy meal. They are hearty and very tasty!

2 medium potatos, boiled and mashed in the same water
2 Lbs flour
2 Lbs bacon/skin cracklings, fine ground
2 Packages baker's yeast
1-2 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. sugar

Options: A clove of garlic chopped and boiled with potato mush
3/4 Lb of shredded cheddar

Mix all but crackings and knead well. Place in fridge for an hour or so. This is NOT supposed to be a "fluffy" thing.

Roll out a half inch or so thick..add 1/3 of cracklings, and fold across. Roll again and repeat till done.

Roll a final time about an inch thick and use a round cookie cutter. Let rise and hour or so, then bake in a greased pan around 350 for about 40, or till golden and done witht he toothpick test.

The flour ready to get the eggs and potato mush and yeast

The Potato mush W/salt and sugar added

The dough mixed up and rising

Baking most of the fat out of the bacon

And chopping up, then frying out to cracklin' stage

First rollout of the dough, 1/3 of cracklins added, rolled up and rolled back out...repeat 2X times more

Looks like this- left to rise a bit, then rolled out and cut into discs, onto a greased pan and left to proof about a half hour.

About 40 Min. at 350 and VOLIA!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8216.JPG (44.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8215.JPG (38.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8217.JPG (22.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8218.JPG (56.5 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8219.JPG (69.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8222.JPG (51.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8223.JPG (76.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8224.JPG (39.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8227.JPG (61.3 KB, 73 views)

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Mmmmmm Now that looks good.. Just need a sausage patty for that biscuit..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Meat Mopper

williamzanTzinger Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingwilliamzanTzinger Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingwilliamzanTzinger Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & GrillingwilliamzanTzinger Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Where they fluffier than last time Rich? They look real real good I got to say. Im gonna give this a go for sure.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
in Memoriam

Capt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

those are just beggin for some sausage gravy!
I gotta give them a try myself!;)

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Yessir... proofed for about a half hour was PERFECT. And thanks for the advice, BTW :)
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Pit Master

bb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Looking good Rich, Pass some of the over the border buddy.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Welder Fabricator

GOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To All
GOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To All

My thoughts exactly....I will be making these very soon. One question how much water to boil the potatoes in?

I know this is a old thread but this looks to me like a great recipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dan View Post
those are just beggin for some sausage gravy!
I gotta give them a try myself!;)
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Yowza!... This does look and sound good!.. How many eggs Rich?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Yowza!... This does look and sound good!.. How many eggs Rich?
oops... 1 egg/pound of flour. You can actually omit them too they are not in the original recipe... but they do add a bit more richness.

Last edited by Richtee; 03-05-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post
My thoughts exactly....I will be making these very soon. One question how much water to boil the potatoes in?

I know this is a old thread but this looks to me like a great recipe.
It is good! Just enough water to come up to the top of the cubed taters... You want a "slurry" for lack of a better word... The dough should end up fairly stiff, but you can always add water if it's "lumpy" and not smooth.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Meat give me MEAT

lynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlynsey123 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Rich, I think if you put one of those on top of your head your tongue would slap your brains out tryin to get at it Buddy.

Member # 200

Old 03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynsey123 View Post
Rich, I think if you put one of those on top of your head your tongue would slap your brains out tryin to get at it Buddy.
More likely my bro would snatch it before I got that far...
Old 03-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Pit Master

Cajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCajunsmoke13 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Now that looks freaking awesome. I will need about 5 of those tomorrow morning after my going away party tonight.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Pit Master

Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All
Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All

Great recipe Rich and thanks GOT14U, for reviving it. Believe it or not I was just thinking about B+G for breakfast. Now I just need the perfect sausage gravy.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

I'm on for them! Nice....think i'll get Louie to make some Tomato Gravy to go with em!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Pit Master

Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All
Whisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To AllWhisky Fish Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
I'm on for them! Nice....think i'll get Louie to make some Tomato Gravy to go with em!
Tomato Gravy??? Do tell, sounds very southern, Cajun?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Fish View Post
Tomato Gravy??? Do tell, sounds very southern, Cajun?
Add a thread in sauces, 88... I'm interested too :{)
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Add a thread in sauces, 88... I'm interested too :{)
I'll get Louie on it when she gets home....

Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

this is you keeping your cholesterol down is it rich ?

I could eat a few of those. You know I'm thinking they'd go great with strawberry jam, and be excellent with peanut butter for a full on Elvis snack !

How many does it make - cos that's about 4 lb of dough you end up with there (obviously I've added the cheese :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Working With Flour

Tags
bisquits, breakfast, sausage gravy