No announcement yet.

Work sharps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I'm really liking it so far! Takes some prentice but I got Ye hang of it. Didn't realize how bad of shape we had our deer cuttin knives in.... Took a lot of time to get them back in tune... I do plant on going to a wet stone at some point but don't have the time for an extra hobby lol the work sharp will do me well for now

Now I need to master the use of a steel and strop to keep them cutting nice. YouTube here I come!

Comment

The only downside to the WS devices is you really have to watch pulling the knife through. You'll destroy the point of the blade if you're not careful
      7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
      Weber EX6 Smokefire
      Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
      90 Qt LOCO Crawfish Cooker
      Everything else burned up in my house fire

Comment

Originally posted by rexster314 View Post
        The only downside to the WS devices is you really have to watch pulling the knife through. You'll destroy the point of the blade if you're not careful
        Yes I noticed that why I practice doing with a a 1$ flier knife Walmart special lol

Comment

Have one, it's good for mediocre knives. I have a Damascus 100 layer Japanese hand forged knife, I would never run that over it. I use my straight razor stones to sharpen it. You're better off to get stones and learn to hand sharpen. You will get a better edge that lasts longer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ubet View Post
            Have one, it's good for mediocre knives. I have a Damascus 100 layer Japanese hand forged knife, I would never run that over it. I use my straight razor stones to sharpen it. You're better off to get stones and learn to hand sharpen. You will get a better edge that lasts longer
            I have run the gamut of blades. Don’t have any Jap stuff..mostly German.

Sure.. one can hand lap anything. I finish by hand usually. I just don’t enjoy sharpening as much as cutting any more.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
            X