How Tall Are Pork Butts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDave View Post
    I like the idea guys but it's going to be a horizontal reverse flow smoker. 20" diameter tank. I'll only have about 10" to work with vertically.

Makes sense now
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure what the spacing between shelves is on me Klose, butt the upper shelf is not as deep as the bottom shelf, therefore giving you a lot more capacity on the bottom shelf. I do smaller stuff up top, and the bigger stuff on the bottom. Plus I have the vertical box at the end.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I would still weld in at least one set of extra rack mount brackets when building the smoker. Gives you the option of adding extra rack for smoking certain meats and lets you move the height of the racks around if you want/need to. Options are always good IMO
        Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
          I would still weld in at least one set of extra rack mount brackets when building the smoker. Gives you the option of adding extra rack for smoking certain meats and lets you move the height of the racks around if you want/need to. Options are always good IMO
          I agree. You will have more options.

Comment

As far as I can remember, one would need 6-1/2" between racks to fit pork shoulders on the bottom. I say this based on my memory when I prep pork butts and put them in the fridge overnight, sometimes they don't fit real good under this drawer.

Based on the pork shoulders available at my Safeway anyway.
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
            X