Eye Round Roast in SV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Round Roast in SV

I wanted an inexpensive beef roast that I could cook up for Super Bowl, but I wanted to taste like a good cut of meat. The eye round in the SV, knocked it out of the park. I couldn't get over how tender the eye round was and neither could the guests, will definitely be making this again.

I took the eye round out of the package and patted dry, then rubbed with olive oil and then jack stack steak rub. After that, I put each roast in a vacuum pack bag and put a couple slices of butter in each one with the roasts. Then I vacuum packed the roast and put in another vacuum pack back and sealed again. I set the Joule to 132 and put the roasts in a rack and in Joule for 21 hours. After 21 hours I pulled the roasts and put the meat on a plate and poured the liquid in a saucepan and brought to boil and then simmered/gentle boil until liquid reduced. After it reduced I mixed in McCormick's gravy pack and simmered for a few minutes. While the sauce was simmering I put the roasts on SRG grill (pre-heated) for about 1 minute per side or 4 minutes total to sear. Sliced it up and served the roast with the gravy. Everybody agreed the meat didn't need the gravy, but everybody ended up putting some on because the gravy was so flavorful.

Eye Rounds from Costco

Getting ready for rub

Out of SV after grill all sliced up and ready to eat

Thanks Bearcarver for the recipe.

Looks great!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yea that might outa could work jus fine!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

That looks like it came out really nice, I did his recipe for Christmas Eve and it was great.

Comment

Working...
        X