Lamb On A Spit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb On A Spit

A forum member of another forum I belong to posted this video of his annual Spit braai that he has for his employees. I thought it was a very cool video so I thought I would share. He lives in Cape Town South Africa.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnddGXvvhWY&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

PBC Drum Smoker
    Bradley Digital 4 Rack
    THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
    Miss Piggy Smoker
    Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

that is my kind of baster
    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
    members mark upright propane smoker
    kingsford bbq
    23"weber kettle

Comment

Huh...a primer gun...nice! Fun way to carve eh... while spinning!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Ya I thought that baster was just really cool. Man I would love to have a boss like that. He is putting in a outdoor kitchen/BBQ for his employees. Sounds like a right nice place to work. All thats needed is a keg of beer and I'm there

PBC Drum Smoker
        Bradley Digital 4 Rack
        Miss Piggy Smoker

Comment

I cringed the second I saw him spraying it. Have you ever smelled the air out of a commercial compressor? Worked with them for years. Unless he bought a new compressor just for this, which I doubt, no way I'm letting him spray my food.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
            I cringed the second I saw him spraying it. Have you ever smelled the air out of a commercial compressor? Worked with them for years. Unless he bought a new compressor just for this, which I doubt, no way I'm letting him spray my food.
            OH I am sure you have ate worst stuff than that. Come on give the man credit for thinking outside the box

PBC Drum Smoker
            Bradley Digital 4 Rack
            Miss Piggy Smoker

Comment

This is so cool it's ridiculous

--bob
              Yoder YS1500
              500 Gallon home made rig

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
                I thought the same thing. I'd think/hope he at least has some sort of filtration on the output...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Devo, the poster of that thread is a member here Africanmeat and posted one of his roasts last year.
                  http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27339

The spray gun he uses for basting he only uses for for basting. Great idea, I believe the air is filtered also.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    Devo, the poster of that thread is a member here Africanmeat and posted one of his roasts last year.
                    http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27339

The spray gun he uses for basting he only uses for for basting. Great idea, I believe the air is filtered also.
                    Awww, you mean there's no DuPont additives in the baste? Shit.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

looks like some kind of giant zombie flying bat !

It's obviously at the right height - but the spit jst looks way too far above the pit. And there's not that much in the pits either.

very efficient setup
                      Attached Files
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

All I see is at high waste-ratio on the baste. I too hope it's an oil-less, triple filtered compressor ei. divingcompressor

Comment

Working...
                        X