• Show
Clear All

:-)
    the honey recipe was mine.
    hang on while I pull it across lol

1/2 cup salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 tbsp honey
    Dissolve all in 1 - 1 1/2 cups boiling water - I find it all dissolves real easy.
    Soak nuts for several hours or over night or 2 days (I've done all three lol)
    As the nuts pretty much don't absorb the liquid it doesn't seem to make much difference.
    What I will say is put the nuts in the smoker damp.
    It's the solution drying out that coats the nuts.

I'll use this amount of solution for 2-3 lbs of nuts.

I smoke them till they're just a nats whisker away from being burnt. It's how I like them and so has everyone else who's had 'em :-)

The most important thing you can do is vac pack them into smallish packs. Otherwise they won't last more than a couple of days :-)

Hmm, bugger looks like this foroum only take really teeny tiny pics - so umm, just look here:- http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=24352
    lmao
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      :-)
      Hmm, bugger looks like this foroum only take really teeny tiny pics umm,
      C.A. Look around........plenty of large pictures being posted here.........

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

yeah but not on the attached pics thingy I like.

I don't like online services like photobucket. Basically they take legal copyright ownership of any pics you upload t them.
        And as I'm in the process of writing a bbq/grilling/smoking book I need copyright on all my own pics :-)
        On top of which I'm currently without any online webspace - so am limited to the attching pics to posts.

on smf you can upload jpgs to 97k on here the limit is 48.
        I'll resize any new pics but I just can't be arsed to resize pics I've already posted on smf :-)
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          yeah but not on the attached pics thingy I like.

I don't like online services like photobucket. Basically they take legal copyright ownership of any pics you upload t them.
          And as I'm in the process of writing a bbq/grilling/smoking book I need copyright on all my own pics :-)
          On top of which I'm currently without any online webspace - so am limited to the attching pics to posts.

on smf you can upload jpgs to 97k on here the limit is 48.
          I'll resize any new pics but I just can't be arsed to resize pics I've already posted on smf :-)

Better look again...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I have uploaded pics to my album here without resizing at all. Here is a link to the album:
            http://smoked-meat.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5

BTW Nice almond instructions Dawn.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

what album ?
              have we all got one ?

And nope you don't have to resize the pics - but it is done automatically for you.
              So while I can upload a decent sized pic (size being measured by number of pixels not size of file) they are all automtically resized to 640x480 :-(

But I like the album idea - where do you get at that then ?
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Click on your username so that it takes you to your profile. There is a column on the right side that has a box for stats, a box for friends, and a box for photo album. Click on the "show albums" and you can create a new album.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Ooops. I went to your profile and it didn't show albums. Click on "Community" in the top toolbar. Then click on "pictures and albums" in the drop down menu. That should take you to your album setup.
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

eBay them. Search for raw almonds. Decent prices shipped

Comment

Working...
                    X