slow garden year here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow garden year here

Peppers not liking this cold weather at all . 1 plant just gave up , the rest are struggling . Corn , maters , ect all not happy with temps dipping into the 40's several times this last week and a half and only one day above 70 . Looks like the warm is getting here , just hope the plants make it.
    Phil

Fun Tune , She's a Smoker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxiCrcV_R9o

Bring 'em oot to Az this weekend. It's only supposed to be 118° on Saturday...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      Dang ICE, I dunno how you do it... I couldn't live with those temps!

Gardening here in DelaWhere's weather is usually not too bad, however this year, we don't have a garden. Too much goin' on, just didn't happen... bummer. Next year be mo betta...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah, it's been cooler here too, but my 13 plants are all growing at least. Doubt I'll have my first tomatoes by the 4th like usual.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
        My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
          Yeah, it's been cooler here too, but my 13 plants are all growing at least. Doubt I'll have my first tomatoes by the 4th like usual.
          We have pots with herbs and a few veggies...no tomatoes tho. The pots work for now until the garden gets redone.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

My TV said 119° in AZ !!!

All the Pigs in AZ will surely die, since they tell me Pig Fat renders below 100°.

OINK---OINK---OINK---oink.................

No more Oink.

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Corn didn't work at all , got a few 'maters then the blight hit them
              5 out of 8-10 jalop plants lived and did OK
              Took the loppers and cut the peppers down today ( thumb sized bases) , some overripe and mush but 2 big mixing bowls full of jalops . 'Penoed out right now , have taken 1 1/2 full plastic grocery bags off them this last month or so
              Phil

Comment

Sorry ,no pics me fotophukit acct if full
                Phil

Comment

Working...
                X