Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley smoker

Hi

I don't know if this should be here or under electric because it use both xD

Im thinking about to buy Bradley smoker (Bradley Smoker Digital 4-rack) because i think the 6-rack will be to big.

Is it good?

Because i have read some about it and its almost only good reviews about it. Like the bad things i read is that it has to big rack(bars?) and that you can't smoke smaller things

Any one got one and can tell me pro and cons?

Can it stand outside during winter? we can get about -5 F. Will it be okey (stand under a roof but no heat) Im thinking about the electronic part most.

Or can you tip about another smoker for about the same price? (live in sweden so would be great if i might find it here)

and sorry for my english but i hope u understand =)

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

If I was you I would check out the Masterbuilt Electric smokers. You can probably buy 2 for the price you will pay for a Bradley and you will not be married to those little round pucks you have to buy for the Bradley. I have my sons old Bradley that I use and it works ok for smoking ducks and sausage.
    zom
    sigpic
    GMG Daniel Boone
    UDS
    Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
    Vision Kamado grill
    Weber Genesis Silver
    Smokin Tex
    MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
    Maverick ET 732
    Brown and lime green ThermaPens
    2 orange ThermoPops
    A-Maze-N Tube 18"
    A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
    Vortex

Comment

Personally I feel you are going to struggle a bit with just about any type of smoker with temps that low and I am sure you will need a wind break.. If it were I building a smoker to combat those types of temps I think I would go UDS due to it simplicity and you can feed that bad girl a bit more O2 and get some heat out of her, also they almost a set it and forget it smoker so you do not have to babysit it outside..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

my personal experience is don't buy a bradley.

They're underpowered, really lousy build quality. The pucks are ridiculously exepnsive and produce a thick white smoke that totally overpowers anything you cook.
        Ignore all the crap they say about the pucks producing ideal smoke - they absolutely don't.

Wasn't until I started smoking with charcoal and bits of actual trees that I realised just how bad the bradley food had been.

I think mine lasted 18 months of fairly light usage. we replaced the on off switch and had to rewire the heater - which died anyway. Oh yeah and had to fix the puck pusher a couple times as well.

basically AVOID !

If you must go electric get a a machine you can use lumps of normal wood in.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I never had a Bradley, but they do seem to be underpowered, and I wouldn't want to be roped into having to use those Pucks.
          Those are the main reasons I went to Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse 6 years ago.

I love My MES & my Amazing Smoker smoke generator. If You can get them both over there, that's the way I'd go.
          The guy who sells the Amazing smoker uses MES smokers too, and he lives in MN, and I live in PA, and it gets plenty cold in both of those places.
          My MES works much better than I do when it's below Zero!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Seriously, I would suggest that you look into making a UDS and getting a temp controller for it. Then it is BETTER THAN a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker, in my opinion. I have both. You can do the UDS for under $100 and the temp controller is $139.00. Then you have as much room as you will need and you can set it to 250° and it will stay there. I still use the MES for cheeses, bacon, ABTs, and items like that.
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

I bought a Bradley. I got a super deal from Amazon.com at the time.
              It was cheaper (@ 40-50 percent less) than me buying it here in Canada where they are manufactured. I live about 30 minutes from the factory.

That being said - would I buy another one? Not likely and for all the usual reasons. Build wise I think these things should sell for 199.00 at most.
              Weber 22.5
              Lil Chief
              1950's Crosley Shelvadore
              Bradley Smoker
              Maverick ET732
              Nesco Dehydrator
              Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

i have a UDS...for me...Louie wanted the MES for her & getting stuff done on her own when we fixing airplanes...i'm fine with both...the drum is so efficient...the mes...no issues...it's a chicken cookin get after...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have never heard anything that would make me think that a Bradley would be a good choice...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    I have never heard anything that would make me think that a Bradley would be a good choice...
                    X2 on that Craiger
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      Yep.

It'll be left in the never used corner of the yard soon enuff. Think and save for something that will cook well and not turn you away from perfect smoked-meat.com sorta cooks.

There is a reason these things are sold at mass market places. 90% of the folks hava no clua how to make BBQ, it's an impulse buy.

Comment

thanks for the reply all!

i got a smoker, something like this http://api.tretti.com/images/items/250/25262.jpg

and its works good etc, i just want to try new things etc and also "cold smoke" (if thats what its called) when u have low temp, for fish

so your tip is to keep the one i have now ? and dont get one with electronics/pellets etc?

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Comment

No what I think is being said is to not buy a Bradley Try an MES I use mine all the time for cold smoking
                          Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
                          Weber 22.5" WSM
                          Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
                          Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
                          Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
                          Weber 18.5" Kettle
                          Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          GMG Daniel Boone
                          Pit Barrel Cooker
                          Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
                          6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
                          Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
                          The Vortex

Comment

you can cold smoke in your existing smoker vvery very easily.

either buy an amaze-n smoker from todd.

Or make your own: http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27488

that will sit in the bottom of your existing smoker and produce cold smoke for up to 18 hours :-)
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
                              No what I think is being said is to not buy a Bradley Try an MES I use mine all the time for cold smoking

Exactly what Doug said.

And you can get this FREE "Step by Step" Smoking Cookbook, and since every Smoke in it was done in an MES, it will be easier to use:
                              Link:
                              http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34823

Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X