Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football National Championship Starts Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Game!
    sigpic

Comment

got some sore tailed Bama friends......
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That will go down as one of the all time best bowl games in history.

Why do you think the last play should have had a penalty? (for the go ahead score)
        Mustang electric smoker
        King Kooker vertical gasser
        Charbroil silver smoker
        Earnhardt Jr smoker
        Brinkman smoke n' grill
        a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

It was a good game and I didn't have a horse in this race. The Pick/rub play has always been controversial and it always will be. Clemson ran it once before for a touchdown and no flag. I don't blame them for going back to the well. However, even their QB Watson admitted it was a pick/rub. It's up to the officials to make the judgement call one way or the other.

“All we needed was a good pick by [wide receiver Artavis Scott], and Tave picked him, and Renfrow got in the end zone,” Watson said, as confetti rained down. “… It was something we’ve worked on all year long, and it was a perfect time to call it.”
          Pete
          Large BGE
          Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

USC did a Pick/Rub in the Rose Bowl, but I think the Refs said something about because of where it happened on the field, it's not considered a Pick play.

Now there was a Wild Game!!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

If the ball is completed Behind the line of scrimmage, then it is not illegal.
              Pete
              Large BGE

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

Yup---I believe that was why they didn't call it.
                Thanks Pete.

Bear
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Comment

It was a good game and I didn't have a horse in this race. The Pick/rub play has always been controversial and it always will be. Clemson ran it once before for a touchdown and no flag. I don't blame them for going back to the well. However, even their QB Watson admitted it was a pick/rub. It's up to the officials to make the judgement call one way or the other.

“All we needed was a good pick by [wide receiver Artavis Scott], and Tave picked him, and Renfrow got in the end zone,” Watson said, as confetti rained down. “… It was something we’ve worked on all year long, and it was a perfect time to call it.”
                  Looked it up and understand...here's what the response was to others posting your note:

So, why did the official keep the flag in his pocket? A few reasons.

First, while Clemson’s outside receiver is essentially blocking, Alabama’s cornerback is engaging with him and also initiates contact. The receiver must be actually be trying to run a route, but it’s not clear that he isn’t.

Second, this is a pretty good sales job by the tight end, who turns around and pretends to expect to receive a pass.

Third, one defender slips down, and the other does not do a good enough job attempting to fight through the pick/rub.

Fourth, if you watched the game, you’re aware the officials consistently let both sides get away with very physical play. These are just more examples of that.

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                  USC did a Pick/Rub in the Rose Bowl, but I think the Refs said something about because of where it happened on the field, it's not considered a Pick play.

Now there was a Wild Game!!

Bear
                  AMEN Brother!!! And how in the final standings it the O still ahead of Penn State???
                  Mustang electric smoker
                  Charbroil silver smoker
                  Earnhardt Jr smoker
                  Brinkman smoke n' grill

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

other than an extreme dislike for Alabama.....

Actually I think the game was an instant classic
                    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

You can do most anything with that pass..except drop it. Then..it’s a fumble.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich, say the ball is on the 20, QB drops back to the 25 and completes that pass on the 21. In that instance, the pick is legal. The receiver drops it, it's an incomplete forward pas, not a lateral, fumble, or backward pass. That same pass competed inside the 20, it's a pick/rub and not legal. Same concept as a bubble screen basically.
                        Pete
                        Large BGE

Comment

Rich, say the ball is on the 20, QB drops back to the 25 and completes that pass on the 21. In that instance, the pick is legal. The receiver drops it, it's an incomplete forward pas, not a lateral, fumble, or backward pass. That same pass competed inside the 20, it's a pick/rub and not legal. Same concept as a bubble screen basically.
                          Oh..yeah. I was thinking lateral. My bad.
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That's kinda what I got from seeing/hearing all plays/rules on this particular situation the past few weeks. Within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage its kinda a wash, as long as all Offensive players adhered to the "rules". The Seahawks got called on it 2 games in a row, or 2 outta 3?, and I agreed with the officials, Pick Play. Great play when its executed correctly, but a Gray area for officials for sure.

GO HAWKS!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shellbellc View Post

AMEN Brother!!! And how in the final standings it the O still ahead of Penn State???

LOL---Yeah, You would think the League Champ would have gone to the playoff game, especially since they beat them Head to Head.
                              Then maybe there wouldn't have been a laugher of "31-0" in the Semi.

I didn't see that---Are you saying the Horse Chestnuts are still ranked above Penn State??

Oh Well---The punishments should be over now, so they can get back where they belong.

Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

I didn't see that---Are you saying the Horse Chestnuts are still ranked above Penn State??

Bear
                                Yep, final standings, Ohio State 6th, Penn State 7th.
                                Mustang electric smoker
                                Charbroil silver smoker
                                Earnhardt Jr smoker
                                Brinkman smoke n' grill

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Working...
                                X