Snack sticks on MES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
    There's your Burnt End cause---That 1401° for the second hour!!

They Look Really Great though!!!

Bear

That 1401 was supposed to 140 for 1 hour haha

Comment

Originally posted by Blinginpse View Post
      My first batch off the smoker is done and definitely better than the non smoked baked in the oven. Oven is never again here is a pic. I need some advice on the burnt end issue. How can I stop that

Are those Burnt ends only on the right ends of the ones in the bottom rack??

If so, that's why I never use the bottom rack for anything but my AMNPS. Too much Direct heat from the Element.
      If you need to use the bottom rack for that many Sticks, try to keep them from overhanging the Water pan below. The water pan blocks the direct heat from the heating element, which is the only good reason for leaving the water pan in an MES Unit.

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Are those Burnt ends only on the right ends of the ones in the bottom rack??

If so, that's why I never use the bottom rack for anything but my AMNPS. Too much Direct heat from the Element.

If you need to use the bottom rack for that many Sticks, try to keep them from overhanging the Water pan below. The water pan blocks the direct heat from the heating element, which is the only good reason for leaving the water pan in an MES Unit.

Bear
        Bingo yep that's it. I know now the issue. The smoker only held 12lb of the 25lb. I had to borrow my buddies gen 1 30". Definitely glad I got the 1 I did. Was not fond of his 30

Comment

There's your Burnt End cause---That 1401° for the second hour!!
          LOL, I thought the same thing, bottom rack or right side. Also you should keep the max temp at 170-175°
          sigpic

Comment

Ditto on bottom rack. Also rotating and switching around the racks evens out the temps between levels and left to right.

Every layer of meat above the element is sucking heat out of the rising air column, so there is a little less available for the rack above it. Just swap/rotate the trays every hour or so midway through the smoke (you can eyeball the sticks and get an idea of when to swap them around).
            Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

10/4 in rotation I actually started to do that and thought Na better not may mess something up

Comment

Ok so after y'all make ya sticks and such. Do you put them in bad and leave them on your counter top or do you stuff them in the fridge and keep them chilled

Comment

In a brown paper bag on the table overnight. Then in the paper bag in the fridge for a day or two. This lets the moisture equalize throughout the sticks. Then into a plastic container with holes in the lid with a paper towel under the lid, still in the fridge. You want them to be able to breath, but not too much. Any surplus is vac packed and frozen for later use.
                  Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Originally posted by dward51 View Post
                    In a brown paper bag on the table overnight. Then in the paper bag in the fridge for a day or two. This lets the moisture equalize throughout the sticks. Then into a plastic container with holes in the lid with a paper towel under the lid, still in the fridge. You want them to be able to breath, but not too much. Any surplus is vac packed and frozen for later use.

10-4 on all that. I'll rearrange what I've done

Comment

Another batch boys. Went straight beer on this

Comment

Hmmmm, Interesting.. I will start this as a new thread, what would you want it called?
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

It's ok sir you don't half to do that. It's nothing special especially from a rookie like me. Thank you thought

Comment

Working...
                          X