Burnt ends question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt ends question

Can you dice the point and re heat it the next day to make burnt ends? Will they turn out ok doing this?

Reason I ask is after 13 1/2 hours and 2 reloads of briqs to my weber I had to move my brisket to the oven to finish. I would like to make burnt ends from the point but at the rate it's going it's going to be a while before it's done and I would rather do them tomorrow if I can.
    Bored Guy Blog

I would think that is fine... but it will take some time... ... so reheat slowly so you do not burn... then add your rub/sauce and get them nice and sticky!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I have done it several times with my stickburner...It'll work just fine...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Cool.
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Well I ended up relighting the weber and the burnt ends are on now. They are REALLY tender when I cut them up so they should be fantastic.
          Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Mmm... burnt ends :{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Try running your temp a bit higher so as to cut down some time. I prefer 275 target temp. I also trim out a large amount of fat to reduce my total volume. Separate the point when the meat temp stalls. I cook the burnt ends while the flat cooks to it's target temp.

The other day, we did a reverse method. Started the point in the oven at 300 while I prepped the stickburner. Then into the smoke while I trimmed up the flat a bit and applied some rub. The point was chopped up when the flat went in the smoker. Added some more rub and sauce. BE for an occasional stir until they were done.

Very nice snack while we waited to have the sliced brisket for dinner. My "point" is that you can vary your techniques and still get the results you want. The key is to manage time and temps. And I seriously doubt you could damage burnt ends. The point is one tough braising hunk of cow. Worst case is that they cook down too much and fall apart.
              Yeah, like that would suck too much to have to eat them on a pulled beef sandwich....
              sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Well they should be done... how did they turn out?? Great or Slap you ears with your tung cause your licking your lips to get every last piece of goodness!!!
                Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                Yoder YS640
                Weber Genesis
                Weber 18.5" Kettle
                Weber Performer
                Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

They turned out great. Nearly fall apart tender so in my book perfect. The flat may be a bit over done but I won't know for sure until later today when I slice it. It was getting late so I wrapped it and stuck it in the fridge after a rest.
                  Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X