Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Would Like To Say I Kindly Disagree With This Report..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Like To Say I Kindly Disagree With This Report..

And I will continue to wash all the chicken parts as needed before cooking..

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=83&v=xN9ZvYKqjM4[/yt]

Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

It WOULD be good to have a separate sink away from everything else...maybe a couple coolers even- outside for a wash and a rinse.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Chicken from a bag is full of chicken slime...I'm washing that off. After I wash chicken, Mrs. E clorox bombs the entire house .

Seriously, I use a clorox cleaner on every part of the sink...clorox wipes on counters and faucets, etc...Oh, and I use gloves extensively when I'm cooking or prepping stuff, and then I wash my hands when the gloves come off.

Guess i could take it outside and use the garden hose...
      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Hell, just throw it in the clothes washer on hot cycle and it will be washed & cooked in one batch. No soap or fabric softener.
        Seriously though, if there is/are enough germs to splash all over the kitchen, I think I want those off of my fowl. I can't imagine being sloppy enough, while washing off some chicken,
        to contaminate the whole sink area. Even so, I clean up very well with bleach products like was mentioned earlier. I want the funky fowl slime/juice off of my food. JMHO.
        MES 30"
        A-Maze-N pellet smoker
        Weber 22" kettle
        E-Z-Que rotisserie
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Big Weber Gasser
        Cracker Smoker
        UDS

Comment

How am I not dead yet????
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I'm with Dana on this.. Once I have rinsed off the bird I thoroughly clean the sink and I don't run the water full blast so it splatters to the kitchen ceiling..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
              How am I not dead yet????
              By virtue of still breathing?
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

what a waste of government, err I mean the people's, money. I suppose I shouldn't take it out of the package either because that's going to potentially spread bacteria also.
                Mike
                Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  By virtue of still breathing?
                  Thanks for the clarification...
                  Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                  Yoder YS640
                  Weber Genesis
                  Weber 18.5" Kettle
                  Weber Performer
                  Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I've read both sides of the argument (yes there is one), not washing makes some sense....I guess. I wash and if the chiggen is slimy out the package I round file it. I don't splash it around or soak it (except in brine), but a quick rinse under running water to get bone fragments and stuff off. I don't rinse it to loose germs, ya gotta cook in fer that!
                    I have read that there was not total agreement within the FDA on this recommendation.
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

There is also another university study recommending never to flush your toilet. Droplets from flushing will contaminate your whole house.

There is also another university study telling you that if you go to public places, a sneeze from a sick person will contaminate all the air in a large room.

dcarch

Comment

I'm a rinser, and a cleaner of the sink and surrounding counter area afterwards with Clorox wipes... I go thru a ton of them... and disposable gloves.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

There are a lot of things I don't agree with the Gubmint on. For instance, I believe the government's temperatures for safe cooking are a formula for creating inedible food. I do usually wrench of my chicken (that's what my grandmother did, she warshed and wrenched everything). My grandmother did it, my mom did it, I have always done it, and I don't recall anybody dying or even getting sick. Hell between the three of us we have probable fed several thousand people warshed chicken with no known deaths. But we're just a bunch of bumpkins so what do we know?
                          A few of my favorite things:
                          Good Whiskey
                          Good Food
                          Bad Girls
                          sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                          Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

I don't buy slimy chicken, why would you

Don't remember buying chicken or bits of chicken that's ever needed washing.
                            But i don't buy cheap nasty factory farmed chicken either.

Apparently 85% of all chicken has this bacteria.
                            So it's not what you'd call a 'real' problem.

Just a problem if you don't know how to cook chicken and wipe your kitchen surfaces down with recycled toilet paper.

Bacteria is EVERYWHERE - all the time.
                            Just learn to cook and it doesn't matter whether you wash it or not.

You do wonder why government food departments spend so much time on telling you all food will kill you if you don't cook it properly and so little money and effort on teaching kids how to cook at school.
                            Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-06-2015, 04:48 PM.
                            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

You want a good trick for minimizing any chance of surface bacteria causing problems - particularly if you feeding anyone in the "at risk" group? Warm vinegar spray - often used for veggies should work on chicken, then rinse after you've spritzed the chicken with the vinegar.

If you have food grade hydrogen peroxide available, it works great when used as a second spray after vinegar (actually the order doesn't matter - just don't mix them - spray one, then the other separately).

I use the hot vinegar spray on solid muscle meats prior to grinding to minimize the chance of introducing surface bacteria into my ground meat products - both pork and beef.
                              If bacon isn't the answer, you asked the wrong question.
                              Located conveniently a tad South of Vancouver BC but still in the USA
                              Ex-Expat (Philippines)

Comment

Working...
                              X