No announcement yet.

Bumblebee tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soon after this info came out [I saw it on the fox news. they had a link to it] I went to sams club to pick up sum tin. I saw they had 100's of case's of the stuff out on the floor. And you bet...It was on sale..sell to the uneducated..I asked one of the peeps working there why they were selling it as it was supposed to be recalled. could make you sick. he said buy it if you get sick sue the crap out of sam's.

I also had the same experience with dog food from china. I do not buy it but saw where it was killing dogs and ask why in the he double hockey sticks were they selling it. same answer buy get sick and sue.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

http://www.bumblebee.com/recall-march-2016/

http://theracketreport.com/massive-b...batch-of-tuna/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/food/bumble_bee.html

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I never buy canned tuna. And the outsourcing bullshit never works. Assholes...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          I never buy canned tuna. And the outsourcing bullshit never works. Assholes...

I have never liked purchasing any thing canned. But now and then I have to.
          It is not about quality any more. Just money and getting it to the stores. and with so many folks on the planet now and the mouths to feed.
          just about all our food has gone down the tubes. the taste of things have changed so much over the years. now with gmo' and all the chemicals and such scientist have come up with to make things grow fast, bigger. and keeping pest off the products in the field.

The other day on talk radio they were saying that an apple a day will not keep the Dr away any more. that so many chemical have been introduced to the food chain along with pesticides that it is doing you more harm then good.
          But, here we are and what to do..

Comment

Saw the title of the post and now I have the jingle in my head!
            Bum Bum Bum BumbleBee Tuna......
            Make it stop!
            Weber 22.5
            Lil Chief
            1950's Crosley Shelvadore
            Bradley Smoker
            Maverick ET732
            Nesco Dehydrator
            Thermapen "Blue Bayou"

Comment

We get our tuna here. not cheap but worth it. does not taste anything like can. only the stuff in olive oil in the glass jars. the boy child like the can for crackers and tuna and hot sauce.

https://supermarketitaly.com/search?...5D=last&q=tuna

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                We get our tuna here. not cheap but worth it. does not taste anything like can. only the stuff in olive oil in the glass jars. the boy child like the can for crackers and tuna and hot sauce.

https://supermarketitaly.com/search?...5D=last&q=tuna
                That looks awesome !
                Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

I occasionally buy from them as well. The tuna is awesome. I use it in “Antipasto”- a canned mix of tomato paste black and green olives, green/red sweet peppers, cocktail onions and a few herbs...simmered lightly, canned and aged for a month or so. Eaten chilled with good crusty bread.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post

I occasionally buy from them as well. The tuna is awesome. I use it in “Antipasto”- a canned mix of tomato paste black and green olives, green/red sweet peppers, cocktail onions and a few herbs...simmered lightly, canned and aged for a month or so. Eaten chilled with good crusty bread.
                    We absolutely love the sea food antipasti we make here. we could have it weekly. But do not want to over do it and not enjoy it as we do now. and we do simmer it for up to 45 minutes, hot are cold is good. we like it cold wit ritz crackers and a cold cervaza as a snacky thing. boy child would eat the whole thing in one setting.

Comment

I got food poisoning from this around 40 years ago, I was sick as a dog!

Comment

We ordered a case of 12 from Natural catch which are pretty darn good. Around a 4 ounce solid filet along with a case of Sardines...both in imported olive oil. Seems a tin was about 4 bucks on each. While shopping at the big store I came across the Bumblebee brand for 3 and some change. Pretty much the same and I think I'd just assume pick it up than order it anyhow. Makes s damn good tuna chowder too.

Comment

Working...
                        X