Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 15
Views: 194
0 The most satisfying sound...
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Replies: 10
Views: 164
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Replies: 5
Views: 91
0 S.I.P raised bed planters
Last Post: Otis857
Replies: 17
Views: 171
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 16
Views: 168
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,183 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,421 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 05-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I say don't get hung up on smoke when making jerky...I mean it's a great addition to jerky but not necessary...Jerky is great with or without smoke...
X3

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

My next batch of jerky I am going to cure down by the salt marsh on a rock like they did 300 years ago......

Actually I use a home brew, it is posted on here some where. I Have and Have not used a curing agent. These days a do prefer to use a cure, nbetter safe than sorry.

Lots of great info in this thread good luck on your next batch.

Remember practice makes perfect.
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

I cuss like a Sailor, because I am a Sailor

Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty ol salt View Post
My next batch of jerky I am going to cure down by the salt marsh on a rock like they did 300 years ago......

Actually I use a home brew, it is posted on here some where. I Have and Have not used a curing agent. These days a do prefer to use a cure, nbetter safe than sorry.

Lots of great info in this thread good luck on your next batch.

Remember practice makes perfect.
I use a homebrew too...Always have...

And so far I keep practicing but I aint perfect

Craig
Old 05-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I say don't get hung up on smoke when making jerky...I mean it's a great addition to jerky but not necessary...Jerky is great with or without smoke...
I actually prefer it without smoke.Iand I love me some jerky
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 05-04-2017, 10:12 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

You use a home brew..but have learned stuff here.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Fire Starter

a207769s Is  A Name Known To All
a207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To All

Planning on making a small batch from a store bought kit this weekend.

Found a way to make a cheap pellet tube so I can give it a little smoke and then I'll toss it in the dehydrator to finish it.

One question.... I know wood choice is usually a matter of personal preference but can I get some input on what wood would be good for jerky and cheese? In my area I can only buy wood pellets in 20 lb bags that are intended for pellet grills so I really didn't want to buy two bags. I was thinking hickory. Apple seems like it might not be a strong enough flavor for jerky and while I like mesquite for jerky it would probably be too strong for cheese. Hickory seemed like a good compromise.

I'll let everyone know how it goes. Once I come up with a method that works well and is repeatable maybe you home brew guys can offer some advice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Fire Starter

a207769s Is  A Name Known To All
a207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To Alla207769s Is  A Name Known To All

Made a couple pounds of jerky yesterday in the dehydrator. Delicious. Couldn't find any hickory pellets locally so once I get some I will try a little smoke next time on half of the batch and do a side by side comparison.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Jerky