U.S. bans imports of Brazilian beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    Imported food is scary. Period. You don't know what you are getting... One of the reasons we started a new garden this year. Yeah, we can't raise cattle... It wood piss off the neighbors and we don't have the room, so we gotta put up with what we can get across the counter.
    I'm surprised that more towns are allowing some things. Omaha allows chickens just no roosters. And I found out they allow goats. I think a limit of 2 and no more than a hundred pounds. Which one can get several breeds that'd be great milkers.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
      I'm surprised that more towns are allowing some things. Omaha allows chickens just no roosters. And I found out they allow goats. I think a limit of 2 and no more than a hundred pounds. Which one can get several breeds that'd be great milkers.
      We live in a development, so just having a garden is a challenge. Thank God we at least have that. I'd love to have the room to have at least chickens.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I live in the outskirt of a city. We are allowed to raise chickens, IF the neighbors don't complain about them! I have helped re-home three sets of chiggins this year already. I have a friend with a farm, and LOTs of chiggins now!
        Afraid ta try it, my neighbors all older.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Butt they're so cute & CUDdly...

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          Imported food is scary. Period. You don't know what you are getting... One of the reasons we started a new garden this year. Yeah, we can't raise cattle... It wood piss off the neighbors and we don't have the room, so we gotta put up with what we can get across the counter.
          Even if they're housebroken?

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

About bloody time too !

You got any idea of the millions upon millions of hectares of rain forest that has been chopped down so brazil could export cheap beef.

Good.

Has anyone told trump ?
            As this is a thing that's actually good for the environment - well those of us who like to breath anyway, I would think he'd be against it just on principle.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

They used to require a 3 acre lot or bigger for chickens in my county (I'm in the unincorporated area a good distance outside any city). They changed that recently to allow up to 4 chickens and no rosters on a 1/2 acre or larger residential lot (single family home, no town houses, etc...). They call them "backyard" or pet chickens for family egg production. 3 acres or more is pretty much a farm around here. There are a lot of my co-workers who have chickens now.
              Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

Working...
              X