Onion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onion

I was at the St. Georges Country Store in the kitchen heppin' oot yesterday, when this gem appeared from under the big fridge. Evidently, we're wasting our thyme with dirt... and poop...

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by HawgHeaven; 01-21-2018, 10:53 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

I had a bag of potatoes that set eyes (Started growing) just the other day. If I had a garden i would have kept them...
    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
      I had a bag of potatoes that set eyes (Started growing) just the other day. If I had a garden i would have kept them...
      just stick them in the garage and plant in spring!!......that is what I do!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Stick with the dirt and poop...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
          Stick with the dirt and poop...
          Yup, sounds like grate advice. We all got a good laff over this critter suddenly peeking oot from under the fridge.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            Yup, sounds like grate advice. We all got a good laff over this critter suddenly peeking oot from under the fridge.
            I remember walking into the back door of a Mexican restaurant to service some of their equipment one time, where they wash oot the garbage cans, and seeing in the crack of the concrete a tomato plant with some fruit growing on it... Not so sure I would have wanted to pick & eat those things...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
              I remember walking into the back door of a Mexican restaurant to service some of their equipment one time, where they wash oot the garbage cans, and seeing in the crack of the concrete a tomato plant with some fruit growing on it... Not so sure I would have wanted to pick & eat those things...

Prolly not.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Love the picture of that onion = skills
                Pete
                Large BGE
                Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

i say eat it.

you have no idea of the conditions that commercial food is grown. how clean is transport? ever been in the storage room at a big grocery store?

It is funny that no one noticed growing until now. Give it a good wash, peel it, make some Pico de Gallo.!
                  sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

I'd plant it and transplant ti when it gets warm. I'd be curious how it comes out. We get onion sets for our garden, but never seen one sprout from a full size onion b4. Be a good experiment with the grand kids.
                    Mike
                    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
                    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
                    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by jwbtulsa View Post
                      i say eat it.

you have no idea of the conditions that commercial food is grown. how clean is transport? ever been in the storage room at a big grocery store?

It is funny that no one noticed growing until now. Give it a good wash, peel it, make some Pico de Gallo.!
                      Yup. That was part of the humor. The owner is a clean freak, and this slipped by him... and all of us for that matter. He laffed.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                      X