Posted On: 01-21-2018
Replies: 1
Views: 28
6 Just a Lil Puerco Pibil...
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 2
Views: 27
0 Congrats To The New England And Philadelphia Fans!
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 1
Views: 25
0 Hey! Smoked-Meat, What's Cooking This Weekend?
Last Post: strength_and_power
Replies: 12
Views: 154
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,528 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,205 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,773 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Default Amazing tube

So I already have the maze and am thinking about getting a tube. What are the differences between the round tube and the oval? Is one better than the other? Thinking about using it in a Primo to get a better smoke profile in my meat.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12. The differences are explained pretty good here. I use the tube in my pellet grill and the maze in the MES
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 01-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Pit Master

L20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke GuruL20A Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

I had my welder buddy make me a square tube and it is my favorite. It is about 1 1/2" across and about 14" long and burns for about 3 hours. It was cheap.
E-Z-Que rotisserie
Weber Smokey Joe
Big Weber Gasser
Cracker Smoker
UDS
Old 01-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I just recently got the A-Maze-N 12" tube from Owensbbq.com to use for cheese. It worked as advertised for aboot 3 hours with a 3/4 full tube. Only 1 use, but worked great. That's all I got...
Old 01-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12. The differences are explained pretty good here. I use the tube in my pellet grill and the maze in the MES
z
Thanks but I have read that several times. I don't see where it explains the difference between the original design round tube smoker with round holes and the oval tube smoker with the oblong holes. I know both can only use pellets, but does one perform better than the other?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOBBQ View Post
Thanks but I have read that several times. I don't see where it explains the difference between the original design round tube smoker with round holes and the oval tube smoker with the oblong holes. I know both can only use pellets, but does one perform better than the other?
For use at higher temps.
Quote:
Produces smoke for up to 2 hours in the 6" position and 3 hours in the 9" position during Cold Smoking or while supplementing smoke @ 225+
in your grill or smoker.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

As far as I know the performance is about the same.

I don't use either, because I'm at low altitude & the AMNPS Tray works perfect for me.

I think the biggest difference is that the Oval Tube won't go rolling around in your smoker, going where you might not want it.

Bear
Old 01-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
For use at higher temps.
Thank You Sir I didn't catch that, probably be the way I go being that I already have a tray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
As far as I know the performance is about the same.

I don't use either, because I'm at low altitude & the AMNPS Tray works perfect for me.

I think the biggest difference is that the Oval Tube won't go rolling around in your smoker, going where you might not want it.

Bear
Thanks Bear, I think I'm going to go with the oval since it is designed for higher temps, plus as you noted wouldn't roll and I already have the tray.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
What I read is the tube with oval holes is an expanding tube. You can adjust
the length of the tube.
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 01-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
What I read is the tube with oval holes is an expanding tube. You can adjust
the length of the tube.
z
Thanks, Mark hit on something I had overlooked when I read it. It seems to be able to be used at higher temps. Bear also pointed out that being oval it won't roll in your cooker where you may not want it.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Jeffrey16 Is Just Starting Out

I only have the maze. Works great for me. I started microwaving my pellets and it lights and burns better.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Location: Lewiston, ID. Can see three states from office window.
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All
driedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To Alldriedstick Is  A Name Known To All

I have the maze, 2 round tubes, and two ovals,,,, the ovals rock!!! good air flow and no more rollie pollie Also started using Camp chef pellets,,, better than the traeger no more micro waving them.
Therma Pen
Maverick 732
Mini Therma Pen
Frog Mats
Weber Junior
AMPS & AMPTS
Old 01-10-2018, 04:01 PM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Yup, traeger is what I use. I'll try the camp chef pellets in about 8 years when I finish off my current stock, 2 big bags of cherry and hickory, lol.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey16 View Post
Yup, traeger is what I use. I'll try the camp chef pellets in about 8 years when I finish off my current stock, 2 big bags of cherry and hickory, lol.
I highly recommend the pellets from A-MAZE-N Products, the folks that make the tube and maze smokers.
http://www.amazenproducts.com/

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

Picked up the long oval tube smoker with some pitmasters choice pellets, also went ahead and got 4lbs. pitmasters choice sawdust while it was on sale.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Smoked-Meat Newbie

Thanks for that link! I want some apple pellets anyway as it's my preferred smoke. Have you tried any of the speciality blends like the Italian or chili pepper?
Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Pit Master

devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All
devo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To Alldevo Is  A Name Known To All

I have both the maze and the 12 inch tube. Had them for over 3 years now I think. I use pellets in both. The maze I found can be a pain to keep burning. Maybe the sawdust works better in it. The tube for me worked best and with a full load of pellets I got around 4 hours of smoke. Problem is I used it so much the holes started to plug up with creosote. Cleaning the holes out is a pain in the butt. You can wire brush it but all that does in pack it down. Ended up putting it into a vice and using a nail and just poking each one out. 6 Pack of beer later you have a clean smoking tube

PBC Drum Smoker
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
Miss Piggy Smoker
Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > The Tool Crib