X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
    Nice live feed here.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

I haven't seen a riot in Detroit in the 20 years I've lived here.

Is a nice peaceful town.....

Comment

• Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
      Boston! My hometown bringing it home after almost 40 years!

Stay classy you sore loser Canucks fans. Way to riot, guess your team weren't the only ones to choke up.
      Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      Jeez...... if you get it, check out CBC...... Riots, car fires, looting, vandalism, etc. going on in Vancouver......

News said people were drinking before the game......
      Originally posted by ALX View Post
      reminds me baltimore or detroit on a normal wednesday...they was definetly booing during awards though....
      Originally posted by GrueLurks View Post
      Nice live feed here.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

I haven't seen a riot in Detroit in the 20 years I've lived here.
      Originally posted by ALX View Post
      Is a nice peaceful town.....
      Well, first off- I feel this is a symptom of the general decline of respect and common sense seen thru-out the world in the younger generations.

Second, I wish you'd quit bashing Michigan and Detroit- apparently it's not only here. Also, we lost a Game 7 Finals to the Pengies recently as you recall. Did you see any problems? No. Remember hockey fans are a bit of a different demographic as well. Take that as you will.

I'm not gonna go on a rant here, and I know we have problems here, but hey... given the way we been beat up and kicked to the curb by the economy and trade agreements- could have been much worse. Losing in a Game 7 bummed us out, but hey... we got bigger fish to fry.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

• The booing was directed at Gary Buttman! That lil prick deserves it too!

Great series, the better team definately won, and Luongo never showed up the last two games.

Being a proud American, I am very happy to see the cup stay in the USA.

Sad for our northern neighbors to be represented by such poor sports and idiotic fans.
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

• Please in no way think that what happened in Vancouver last night reflects the general feeling or behaveir of the Canadian people.

The problem is there are a few groups and we all have these, that like to kick up a fess and cause problems.

If you watch the footage you will see people with their tshirts pulled up over their faces.
          I suspect those are the ones.

I apoligise for the booing.

The Bruins deserved to win they played great.

Herb
          Chargriller Pro w. sfb
          Ducane 4100 propane grill
          Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

• Congrats to the Boston Bruins! Not only a great series but what a playoff run they had over all. Too bad about the actions of some Canuck fans but when they kept showing their fans watching the games out in the street I was thinking it could lead to trouble. I don't recall anything like that happening in Detroit since the Pistons won their first championship but that is a different fan base, kinda like they have in East Lansing.
            sigpic

GOSM/propane
            UDS (Cam)/lump
            22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
            Weber Genesis/propane
            Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

• First off let me say Congrats to the Bruins and their fans. No whinning, no crying, no complaining about refs ... plain and simple, we got beat !!!!.

Now to my rant.... As a born and bred Vancouverite I am right now ashamed to admit it. What happened last night was inexcusable. However please don't attribute these actions to all Canuck fans. These actions were planned even before the game started. Groups of "young" adults were moving into the downtown area with hammers and gas cans as early as noon. The police stopped some of them early but obviously not all (no kidding). The first truck that was on fire was positioned in the early afternoon (according to news reports this morning). I would speculate these events would have occurred even if the Canucks had won.

By no means am I trying to defend or condone these actions, but I would ask that you not paint us all with the same brush. I appreciate that Vancouver is the team everybody loves to hate, but not all of us fans are bad .....
              Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
              GOSM x 2
              Vermont Casting Grill
              Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Working...
              X