Smoking Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
    The best thing about smoking ribs is the more you do it, the better you get. You'll get a feel for it. Just make sure you get em to temp at the very least, and notice what you like and don't like. Smoking virgin? this place will make you a smoking slut in no time.
    I knew i liked you for a reason, nicely said, i like slutty ribs too lol, i did about 12 pounds ofthe bastids and loved every m8note of them

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD
    sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
      I know it's sacrilege and I'll probably catch hell over it. But, , ,don't get hung up on 321. Lotta folks do it and produce great stuff. But I have never felt the need to foil at all. As others have said, you'll come up with what works best for you. I do a bunch more grilling than I do smoking. I also do em on my Weber Kettle indirect. Once you get a feel for your equipment, you'll be able to cook anything, anywhere. Just keep an open mind and you'll rock it! And let us know how those ribs came out.
      Zackly...Had more ribs jacked up on 3-2-1...I know when they gotta come off...
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

pullback is largely dependant on the quality of pork - best quality has least pullback.
        This is according to bob bally - so it's true :-)

Ad it doesn't really kick in till the foiling stage anyway - that's when the connective tissues are really broken down.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
          Smoking virgin? this place will make you a smoking slut in no time.
          There's the post of the week if I ever saw one. Hophead! If you hang out here for awhile you'll be producing superior ribs, and a lot more.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

What temp are you smoking them at?
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

to the Island, we love pics. You will be just fine and like most have said, find your niche and have at it. my first ribs were good now I can't keep people off of them... I too grill them indirect on my kettle...
              God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
              Weber Performer Gold
              Masterbuilt 26" twins
              Big Chief Electric smoker
              Brinkmann barrel smoker
              LEM sausage stuffer
              Cabela's pro HD grinder
              Maverick ET-732
              ThermoWorks Thermapen
              GrillGrates

Comment

Working...
              X