No announcement yet.

Olympics chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart breaking loss but Team USA can hold its head high. Scrapping back to tie the game and send it to OT where anything can happen. With the strong Red Wing ties to Team Canada the loss hurts a little less I guess. Hats off to Steve Yzerman, Ken Holland and Mike Babcock who assembled and managed the team. Congrats to all the players too who went out and played the game at an incredibly high level. Hated seeing Crosby net the winner though but I will say his interview after the game was as humble as I seen from him. He shook everyone hand too.
    Last edited by lcruzen; 03-01-2010, 07:07 AM.
    sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

• Congrats to both teams. What a game...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      KCBS CBJ

Comment

• I felt the USA was way outshot during the OT. A buddy at work says no way. I would have conservitively guessed we were outshot 5-1 with pretty minimal possesion. Does anyone have any accurate stats for the OT time regarding this?
        sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

• According to the offical box score shots on goal in OT Team Canada 7, Team USA 4.
          sigpic

GOSM/propane
          UDS (Cam)/lump
          22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
          Weber Genesis/propane
          Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

• Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Yer getting better at following. After you watch a bit, you learn to "anticipate" where the puck is or headed. Makes it alot easier :{)
            True Dat!

Goalies are a rare breed for sure, and not entirely sane I don't believe. Who'd TRY to get in the way of an 80MPH frozen hunk of rubber?

If I may add with a 1/4" of frozen ice around it...

Seconds to maybe 2 mins shift time is typical. There is no way a player can be out long given the energy expended in the game at that pace. Shift changing and line matching is an art unto itself for players and coaches.
            I gotta say, TRUE DAT

Indeed it was. I'm proud of the boys.
            DITTO!!

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Eh...the hockey gods be fickle. He'll get his and his litle Buttman too ;[)
            oh... Buttman.. I love it!
            USA boys did great! and i do need to ask, where is the CUP? just saying...

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Working...
            X