No announcement yet.

Payton Manning cut / who will sign him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my disclaimer prior to my comments... I am CHICK in the middle..ok.. here it goes...

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
    not paying a dude with fused neck vertebrae a $28 million roster bonus is good business not a mistake.

id say Miami, Seattle or the Jets.

i hope he does well wherever he goes. class act.
    Jim, you are so spot on.. (responsible kinda non-chick part of brain, oh grab a beer now)

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
    I heard he was going to be picked up by the Giants for Eli's back up!
    TOO F'ING funny my sista from another mista!!!

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
    If I recall peyton turned down some money years ago so the colts could spend on other players, before peyton that was a crappy team, he turned that around. That 28 million is a drop in the bucket for the revenue he has brought in for them. They're going to lose a lot of fans and they'll be a team like they were before peyton always rebuilding. Not a colts fan I just think if somebody has been good to you, you take care of them.
    Yep EXACTLY! its the house that Payton built, and not that sissy la la ELI.. give him a coaching job, shit let him sell hot dogs and give him a few snaps at practice what can it hurt? Isnt he the FACE of the Colts?

Originally posted by Jay 41 View Post
    So he won't be in Chicago then....
    AGAIN DAMN FUNNY SHITE RIGHT THERE!
    Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
    everyone knows that the Raiders gets all the best castoffs....

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!
    Steve.. I love you man, but you cant be ghetto enough to be a Raiders fan...
    They used to charge $75 American money to park close to the Collisium, and you would still get to your car and it would be stripped...if you made it out of the game safely..

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
    Michael Waltrip!
    GO MIKEY!!! lol.. your killing me smalls!

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
    They took good care of him......Last year they could have put him on IR and not paid him his entire contract. They left him on the roster and paid him in full.

He needs to go to a team that is one step from the Superbowl. With this move he can probably get another ring. The Colts will get a new start with a #1 draft choice and able to rebuild and have a QB that will grow with the rest of the team.

I'm going to guess either Washington or KC will be the "big winner"
    Love the idea... its like Boston letting Borque go to the Av's, well kinda, he wasnt just coming off his neck being sadered back together....

Originally posted by cowboysfan View Post
    where ever he goes I wish him the best, He is a great QB and will get first ballot ride into Canton when the time comes,however I don't see him with another ring wherever he goes. Indy was his team and he had full control of the offense and knew it and the team inside out. when he goes to a new team it will be a new offense and team,new coaches and coordinators. will they change the offense to match his play or will he have to change his play to match their offense? will he trust his new left tackle to protect his unproven neck repair? or will he hurry passes for fear of taking a big hit from his blind side? All football fans have a ton of respect for Payton and he is probably the biggest free agent watch this off season. I wish him the best! Another ring unlikely, he will get close though, Is he any better than Joe Montana? I dont think so and Joe could not pull it off. Just my uneducated opinion!
    Another great point! (I grab the tissue, I hate sports!!! here is the chick in the middle part...) He should not risk that HIT.. to much at stake. But dammnit I want to see him throw again, all the way to the Super Bowl, Cinderella story....

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
    My 2 cents are he should probably explore coaching, he's got more money than he'll ever spend and one good shot from the blind side could end everything for him. Sure he can still toss the pig-skin but sooner or later that blind side hit will come. QB coach
    Exactly... urgh...
    It makes me sad, sad that he has been let go by the Colts. He said "he didnt know how this free agent stuff worked" Made me sad, cuz he played for the Colts only, he should be let to retire there. I know, I know its business... urgh..
    Sports its full of incredible amazing moments... I hope that this ultimately turns into one!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

dolphins or jets. he kind of said that he won't play in the nfc or especially the nfc east because the family wants to see a manning superbowl.
      personally,i could live w/out it.
      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
      cast iron Hibachi
      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
      & rotisserator
      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
      my music recordings-
      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

and he boards Elway's private jet to Denver.... we shall see.. he is prolly the only guy who could quite the Tebow fever in Denver....

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Coming from Indianapolis, I would just love to watch 5 minutes of espn that does not talk about Peyton or Tebow.
          Brad

UDS
          Weber spirit
          Weber kettle
          Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fired Up View Post
            Coming from Indianapolis, I would just love to watch 5 minutes of espn that does not talk about Peyton or Tebow.
            cast iron Hibachi
            & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
              dolphins or jets. he kind of said that he won't play in the nfc or especially the nfc east because the family wants to see a manning superbowl.
              personally,i could live w/out it.
              Good Division for a QB to take a good beating too!!!!
              Not a place for an old banged up QB, unless he's not too bright.

Bear
              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

well the jets are out. they resigned Sanches to 40+ million & the foreskins traded 4 picks to get RG3. he will get to meet Demarcus Ware up close & personal a couple times this season.

it's looking like the Broncos are willing to break the bank on Manning but let's see what the Dolphins can offer.
                cast iron Hibachi
                & rotisserator

my music recordings-

Comment

Seattle Seahawks Sign Matt Flynn

I like it Pretty much unproven, butt better than TJack I'm thinking.

I think Manning signs today with The Niners
                  sigpic

Comment

"My sources" are telling me Denver is the winner (5 year/$95,000,000)

Denver will trade Tim Tebow
                    sigpic

Comment

Just heard that to. Also heard last week that you couldn't place a bet in Vegas on a team to win the super bowl till he signed.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am hoping he goes back to Tennessee this time as a pro with the Titans.

49rs he would be following in Montana & Youngs footsteps & in Denver living under the shadow of Elway.
                        Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Kinda lookin' like a Mile High Manning.......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...os-sources-say
                          Rudy

sigpic
                          GOSM Big Block
                          SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
                          22.5" Weber Kettle
                          Smokey Joe for the RV
                          Assorted Digital Thermos
                          and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!

Comment

Well he's going to the Donkies.. I mean Bronco's..

Not that I really care.. No allegiance to football teams makes it more interesting.
                            BBQ catering
                            Competition BBQ team
                            "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

Damn...Mikey was hoping to put him in for a six deal ride instead of Vickers!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Fourthwind View Post
                                Well he's going to the Donkies.. I mean Bronco's..

Not that I really care.. No allegiance to football teams makes it more interesting.
                                The last bastions of allegiance were in the NHL... Nick Lidstrom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicklas_Lidström
                                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                                X