No announcement yet.

its officially opening day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portland gave up its AAA team for SOCCER!!!! So I am stuck rooting for the lowly Mariners. We do have a single A team about an hour away…go for double headers sometimes…cheap tickets and beer and it’s a nice small park…speaking of parks I have had the opportunity to visit several major league parks over the years traveling for work. Whats your fav’s? For me it has to be Fenway…that place just rocks, seats are close to the field love the layout.

Comment

Big Mariner's fan & been Jonesing for real baseball

Young team & rebuilding, but within a couple of years, they might be pretty good

Like the manager a lot & think he can get the most outta these kids.

I've only been to 3 other Parks & Safeco is the nicest I've seen. Fenway would be cool.... I have a Fenway Pahk poster in me man cave.

Go M's
      sigpic

Comment

Hasn't the mariners been rebuilding since they got rid of arod, Jr and Johnson. I liked them back then. Hope they do good this year
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          Hasn't the mariners been rebuilding since they got rid of arod, Jr and Johnson. I liked them back then. Hope they do good this year
          .... YES!..... When we suck, we are "rebuilding".....

We've had some GREAT teams & HOF players & I've been following them since I was a kid with the transistor radio under me pillow. In 2001 when they won 116 games it was like heaven for a baseball fan..... Seems like every night they would win, that was so much fun to watch with my oldest son out in the shop.... Ahhh, the good old days
          sigpic

Comment

Nice see steven rip em(wash nationals)....so me bro said.......Just glad the craps made it in(craps).......

Comment

More a football fan than baseball anymore, but I've always watched the KC Royals who are not a bad AAA team.

I remember sitting in the outfield seats for only $1.25 and yelling at Lou Pinella when he would muff a play. That was when the Royals would win 100 games every year and then lose to the Yankees in the play offs.

I couldn't stand the A's (cuz they moved and won three world series) and the Yankee's.

1985 Royals World Champs.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being a Cards fan! World Champion St. Louis Cardinals fan that is. Been a Cards fan since birth, growing up in Missouri. Never really cared for the American League till I got to Tampa, now I'm on board the Rays' train too. Good October for me last year with both teams doing what they did to get the wild card. I was actually at the Rays game last year when they beat the Yanks to clinch (with that BoSox loss).
                Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
                Weber Performer
                Weber 22.5" OTG
                Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
                Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
                BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  Braves fan. Yes, I have no shame. I remember back in the day when Javier Lopez was the catcher. Serious eye candy fer sure. At least until he opened his mouth.

John Smoltz. Hell to the yea, he was me fave Brave of all times. Sop him up with a biscuit. Brutha had a ghetto booty from hell. I was really in to baseball when Chipper Jones and Andruw (yea, that's how it's spelled) Jones were the "keeping up with the Jonses' " phenom. Jeezus I'm old as crap.

Phillies usually play some good ball.

Sorry I can't tell you how cute they are, or how well they're hung.

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                    Phils 1
                    Parrots 0
                    yeah, yeah
                    Still like my Bucos.
                    They teach me humility.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                      Braves fan. Yes, I have no shame. I remember back in the day when Javier Lopez was the catcher. Serious eye candy fer sure. At least until he opened his mouth.

John Smoltz. Hell to the yea, he was me fave Brave of all times. Sop him up with a biscuit. Brutha had a ghetto booty from hell. I was really in to baseball when Chipper Jones and Andruw (yea, that's how it's spelled) Jones were the "keeping up with the Jonses' " phenom. Jeezus I'm old as crap.
                      I use to be a huge Braves fan when as well when I was a kid as well but not for the same reasons as Squirrel. All the players you mentioned were some of my favorite players growing up. I guess I jumped on the bandwagon when they were dominating back in the 90's.
                      Propane Smoke Shack
                      UDS
                      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                        I use to be a huge Braves fan when as well when I was a kid as well but not for the same reasons as Squirrel. All the players you mentioned were some of my favorite players growing up. I guess I jumped on the bandwagon when they were dominating back in the 90's.

Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                          Never mind.
                          Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                          That's cold dude.
                          It's OK...we're used to it.
                          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                          Pink Thermapen
                          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Good game yesterday, too bad the white sox lost, and i was in my truck all day gathering meat and herbs.

On the menu for tonights game, braised duroc pork belly, brined duroc bone in roast, Berkshire bb ribs.

Sides... Who cares with all that heritage pork.!
                            Last edited by chisoxjim; 04-07-2012, 07:44 AM.
                            Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Opening day - Rays BEAT the Yucks 7-6, GO RAYS!!! Yeah Carlos!! First at bat back with the Rays - Grand Slam against Sabathia!!!
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Day two - same result!! Rays 8 Yucks 6!
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X