Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one disturbed by the Lance Armstrong deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
    Given all the testing that the Tour de France participants went through, I find it very hard to believe that a couple of accusations could take him down. As far as I am concerned, he will always be a Champion.

And his only mistake in life IMNSHO was dating Sheryl Crow.
    Agreed! The French have been trying to discredit him for years and the US anti-doping agency (or whatever its officially called) had no hard evidence, only "eye witness" testimony. IMO, he should have kept the fight going and gone for his day in court. But I can also understand the feeling of F it, I know what I've accomplished, especially after year after year of innuendo w/o proof. Guess it'll all come out now and we'll see.

As for Cheryl Crow, I dont know how he could stand the rationed Toilet paper in the house.
    Mike
    Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
    POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
    Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

if stripped, the 2nd place will be awarded the win...............wait, weren't they also found to be juiced? so this dude either juiced and beat others who were juiced or this one nutted superman was clean and beat a field of juice heads. i think cycling has bigger issues than this witchhunt on LA.
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I don't know HOW to feel, really. I mean I'm not a fan, but given his accomplishments and his popularity, he has to withstand some scrutiny I think. Now, choosing not to defend himself, AND knowing the consequences... it DOES make one wonder.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I don't blame him one bit. The guy has fought this crap for many years, just to stay in the competition. All this added to his battles with Cancer.

Then you got guys with 20" biceps, no necks, and 2" peckers with shriveled up sidecars strutting around on the football field every Sunday.

I think he was just too good at what he did, and some people just couldn't stand it!!!

If he really is a Doper, maybe he should run for Governator!!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post

If he really is a Doper, maybe he should run for Governator!!!

Bear
            Too Funny
            Mike
            Proud to be I.B.E.W.

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
            POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
            Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Total grandstanding by the us agency. All endorsement contracts still in place, contributions for his charity are actually up and his fans are still behind him.
              Weber Smoky Joe
              18" Weber Silver
              22.5" Weber Gold
              22.5" Weber Silver
              UDS X 2
              Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
              Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
              Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
              Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
              Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
              Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
              Blackstone three burner flat top
              5" AMZNPS
              Vortex x 2
              Maverick ET 73
              Maverick ET 732
              Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
              Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
              Pitmaster iQue 110
              sigpic

Comment

I was watching the British BBC news last night and said that the tour organizers had refused to comment so far and wouldn't recognize the decision unless the world cycling org came to the same conclusion and at this stage were Lilly to over rule it
                sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Here's my question:

This is his whole reputation and legacy. What he's worked his whole life for. LA turned victories, cancer into huge income. Live Strong is a really strong brand that makes millions. All of this is going to be effected. Some, if not all is going to end.

My wife wants to believe he's innocent. My only question is, if he is.... why would he stop fighting? Something smells rotten in Rome. I've had lawyers pointed at me, and I've pointed a few lawyers before and all I know is they love to fight. he called off the dogs. He's either broke, or guilty. If he's the latter, then he made the right move and left enough questions in everyones mind that he can salvage the brand. Be a Pete Rose....
                  New Braunfels Black Diamond
                  18.5" WSM
                  Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                  18.5 Weber Kettle
                  22.5 Weber Kettle
                  Maverick ET732
                  6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrZip66 View Post
                    Here's my question:

This is his whole reputation and legacy. What he's worked his whole life for. LA turned victories, cancer into huge income. Live Strong is a really strong brand that makes millions. All of this is going to be effected. Some, if not all is going to end.

My wife wants to believe he's innocent. My only question is, if he is.... why would he stop fighting? Something smells rotten in Rome. I've had lawyers pointed at me, and I've pointed a few lawyers before and all I know is they love to fight. he called off the dogs. He's either broke, or guilty. If he's the latter, then he made the right move and left enough questions in everyones mind that he can salvage the brand. Be a Pete Rose....
                    I see that the constant accusation finally took the toll...and I don't blame him after enduring by some accounts more than 500 passed drug tests. At some point enough is enough.

I try and relate this to my own life, and if Mrs. Engineer harps on me to do something for more than a couple of weekends, I finally snap (and do what she wants me to do), because I get tired of hearing it. By looking at his own statement on the matter, I can see it...he has had enough and it's time to move on...and make no mistake, these accusations won't quit...ever.

Lance Armstrong's statement:

“There comes a point in every man’s life when he has to say, ‘Enough is enough.’ For me, that time is now.” He added: “If I thought for one moment that by participating in USADA’s process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair.” (click here for the full statement)
                    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                      Then you got guys with 20" biceps, no necks, and 2" peckers with shriveled up sidecars strutting around.........
                      hey, were you peeking over my fence...............got me nailed...............minus the 20'' biceps........and i do have a neck..............
                      sigpic
                      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Lmao rob
                        sigpic

Mary had a little lamb her father shot it dead, now it goes to school with her between two lumps of bread

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                          I try and relate this to my own life, and if Mrs. Engineer harps on me to do something for more than a couple of weekends, I finally snap (and do what she wants me to do), because I get tired of hearing it. By looking at his own statement on the matter, I can see it...he has had enough and it's time to move on...and make no mistake, these accusations won't quit...ever.

I gotcha, but the stakes were a little higher than a wife nagging more than a couple of weeks. I get those too, and I fold like a drunk prom date.

damn your sig file. Is that your wife? Because, well.... uh, er, I gotta know... before I admit that I can hold that pic up with my left hand for upwards of 3 or 4 minutes or less.
                          New Braunfels Black Diamond
                          18.5" WSM
                          Weber Performer Deluxe Black
                          18.5 Weber Kettle
                          22.5 Weber Kettle
                          Maverick ET732
                          6, 8, 10 and 12' Lodge DO

Smoked Meat Misfits: "the change it had to come. We knew it all along. We were liberated from the fold, that's all" - The Who.

sigpic

Comment

I could give 2 shits about cycling, but I'll say this I agree with tas. My name means more to me than anything I have. If somebody accused me of something that I was innocent of I would fight it no matter how long or how much money it takes. Your name is something that sticks with you even when your six feet under. My opinion of him before was that he was the best at cycling now with him not defending himself It's kinda admission of guilt and its to bad but that's how I feel.
                            sigpic

Comment

The whole point is that the us drug mob have every right to investigate allegations but have no right, power, or due restriction to strip him of his medals.
                              Exactly what is their motivation I ponder, he should be a national sporting hero, he's overcome odds that would end a secretaries career let alone an elite athletes , he's raised half a billion and set up an institution to fight and research cancer for his fellow man.
                              I realy do question what their motivation is when the world cycling body would be straight on it first if their was any doubt in their mind.
                              Guilty or innocent it's a pretty low thing to do to one of your own
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dales133 View Post
                                The whole point is that the us drug mob have every right to investigate allegations but have no right, power, or due restriction to strip him of his medals.
                                Exactly what is their motivation I ponder, he should be a national sporting hero, he's overcome odds that would end a secretaries career let alone an elite athletes , he's raised half a billion and set up an institution to fight and research cancer for his fellow man.
                                I realy do question what their motivation is when the world cycling body would be straight on it first if their was any doubt in their mind.
                                Guilty or innocent it's a pretty low thing to do to one of your own
                                i really agree with Dale and BBQE alot on this subject. not a fan so i have no dog in this show so am unbiased. but if they strip him of his titles from the tour de france, so in the past 10 years even if they give the runner ups the title, there is only one year where the runner up would not be linked to PED'S(that they know of)...so even if he was guilty who was he competing against who was not??? worse case scenario he was competing against a field of equal.
                                Charbroil SFB
                                GOSM
                                MES
                                Dutch Ovens and other CI
                                Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                                Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X