Welcome windmill922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome windmill922

Glad to have you aboard S-M. Enjoy the site and feel free to invite your friends.
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

this is the place i have been looking for. somewhere to learn and get good ideas for cooken on a bbq pit or jus' some links on a 55 gal barrel. myself i get into welding up bbq pits. been building pits for about 30 years. i would like to weld up a smoker out of a 30" pipe 3/8 thick 5' in length but need to know the right way. also would like to learn how to make a good pan sausage. feel like i came to the right place. thanks windmill922

Comment

Originally posted by windmill922 View Post
      this is the place i have been looking for. somewhere to learn and get good ideas for cooken on a bbq pit or jus' some links on a 55 gal barrel. myself i get into welding up bbq pits. been building pits for about 30 years. i would like to weld up a smoker out of a 30" pipe 3/8 thick 5' in length but need to know the right way. also would like to learn how to make a good pan sausage. feel like i came to the right place. thanks windmill922
      love to see some of the pits you have made. If you have some pics you could post would be great.

As for for the Right way to build them is anyone's guess. If I were you and had the welding techniques and the access of that type of pipe. I would build a reverse flow smoker. They are a gem. Not to take away from a standard off set style.

As for a pan sausage, are you looking to make patties or links? Aslo hot or not?.

Once again.. Welcome to S-M.
      Ken

Comment

I would like to make mild & hot patties with the old timey seasoning. being from louisiana we like the spice with a little heat. i am trying to stay away from the pork and go with beef & deer meat mix. sure would like to learn what spices go into a pan sausage. then i would like to learn about links. if you have any ideas on the pan sausage sure could use the help. i will get some pic. of bbq pits. also if i can help someone out with building a bbq pit, would be glad to help. windmill

Comment

I think you will find by going with a beef & venison mix. You will have a dry sausage. Since both are very lean. If you want to stay with beef, then add more beef fat. Make sure you stay with a 50/50 ratio.

Here are a few farm sausage recipes I have and breakfast sausage recipes.

Farm Sausage

5 pounds pork or meat of choice, grind medium
          1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
          1 1/3 tablespoons salt
          2 1/2 teaspoons sage
          1 teaspoon thyme
          1/2 teaspoon savory
          1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
          1 teaspoon pepper flakes, crushed
          1 cup cold water
          ---------------------------------------------------------

Farm Sausage 2

3 pounds pork, grind medium
          2 pounds veal, grind medium
          3 cups bread crumbs
          2 lemon rinds, grated
          1 1/2 tablespoons salt
          2 teaspoons black pepper
          1 teaspoon sage
          1 teaspoon thyme
          1/2 teaspoon savory
          1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
          1 teaspoon marjoram
          1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
          1 cup cold water

-------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast Sausage

10 lbs. ground pork butts
          8 T salt
          1 T white pepper
          2 T rubbed sage
          1 tsp. powdered ginger
          1 T. nutmeg
          1 T thyme
          1 T cayenne pepper
          1 T black pepper

Once you mix, take a small bit and fry it up. adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
          Ken

Comment

Thank you much, for the sausage recipes. will try the break. sausage first. windmill922

Comment

Your welcome. Let us know how it comes out..
              Ken

Comment

Hia Windmill... nice to meetcha..kinda meetcha anyway! Enjoy!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Hello Richtee, GLADE TO MEET YA' ......WINDMILL FROM THE BAYOU STATE

Comment

Welcome windmill922

Comment

welcome windmill922, good to have another sausage maker around, youn can also use very lean pork which will still have a lil bit of fat in it to help when you fry patties. pork these days pretty lean as a whole. i think you will like this site!!!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the S-M family.
                        sigpic

Comment