Keeping ribs hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping ribs hot

Temperature hot that is! So I am going to be doing a 2 batch run of ribs and was wondering what everyone does to keep the first batch hot? The ribs will be BB if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Also first post and I have done a few smokes already! I learned everything from this forum!! to this site!!!

Welcome from Dayton!! Now go smoke some meat!!

How long are you wanting to keep then "hot" Do you have portable heating device? Keeping them hot for 6 hours will be tough... how many ribs are you looking to cook each time...

What are you smoking on??
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I think that you do not want to keep them hot for that long as they may dry out or get bacteria. I would do the first batch & wrap 'em in foil & put them in the fridge ASAP to get 'em cooled down. Then when the second batch is almost ready you can slowly heat up the first batch so they are ready when the ribs are done smoking. You should not be able to tell the difference between the two batches.
      MES 30"
      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
      Weber 22" kettle
      E-Z-Que rotisserie
      Weber Smokey Joe
      Big Weber Gasser
      Cracker Smoker
      UDS

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
        I think that you do not want to keep them hot for that long as they may dry out or get bacteria. I would do the first batch & wrap 'em in foil & put them in the fridge ASAP to get 'em cooled down. Then when the second batch is almost ready you can slowly heat up the first batch so they are ready when the ribs are done smoking. You should not be able to tell the difference between the two batches.
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

If you are wanting to keep them warm for awhile, then you could use a ice-chest as a method to keep them warm, taking advantage of its insulating properties. I have smoked ribs early in the morning and wrapped them in foil and a towel, then put them into an ice-chest (without ice ;) of course) to hold the temp for a couple of hours before bringing them out. I would throw them on the grill on a low 200-250 temp to warm them up in the foil for a bit and they were awesome. Putting them in the ice-chest out of the smoker in foil and towel is also a good way to transport them so they stay nice and warm before they get to their final location.
          Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
          Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
          A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
          A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
          Frogmats
          Maverick ET 732
          Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I do what them Cat's gave ya advice with...I also have some or 7 old solid bricks that get up in the oven for heat & keep the gig warm going in transport or lazy to pull out later...stay with it Man!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I will do what L20A said!
              I am running a UDS and can get about 3 racks on at a time. Hence the reason for 2 batches.
              Again this place has alot of great resources and I hope to be able to contribute once I get more smokes under my belt!

I will post pics when I do them on Fathers day!

Comment

Have you thought about getting a rib rack and cook them all together?

Comment

Glad you joined us Chuck!
                  Be sure and post pics of your rib cook, as we love pictures!
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rgold01 View Post
                    Have you thought about getting a rib rack and cook them all together?
                    Yes I have thought about that. I have heard they are a pain if you foil, getting them out of the rack and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                      yep cool and reheat is the way to go
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

from sunny Az, good luck with the ribs.
                        God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                        Weber Performer Gold
                        Masterbuilt 26" twins
                        Big Chief Electric smoker
                        Brinkmann barrel smoker
                        LEM sausage stuffer
                        Cabela's pro HD grinder
                        Maverick ET-732
                        ThermoWorks Thermapen
                        GrillGrates

Comment

Working...
                        X