Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    That's friggin impressive!!

isn't it ? :) I watch that video every Saturday right before the game,during Football season

Comment

What the heck, no one mentioned Rush, or the Moody Blues, or the Doors!

FTR, I love rock of all kinds. Led Zep in the early days, blues based and ripped off from a lot of black american blues artist by the way. I think the reason they got away with it is they actually weren't so racist they actually listened to guys like Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, etc. Oh, and I still do because I love the blues!

Rush is one of my all time favorite bands bar none. Granted, Geddy Lee's voice isn't sweet but those three guys are so very talented it boggles the mind.

I really like the Moody Blues and for the life of me think the R&R Hall of Fame is a joke for not letting them in.

I cut my teeth on bands like Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Scorpions, Ted Nugent, Styx, Iron Maiden, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Kiss, Aerosmith, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, etc. Still listen to them too.

As I got older I started to appreciate the blues so much more than I used to. I used to got the library and check out CD of the old bluesmen, like the ones I mentioned earlier. Lately, I have really come to appreciate a guy called Joe Bonamassa. This guy is just so freaking talented on guitar it is unreal. He pays a lot of respect to the old timers, which I like.

Since I have Sirius XM in the car and on the motorcycle and Pandora at work, I can listen to most anything I want. Some of the bands I am into right now are, 3 Days Grace, Slip Knot, Staind, Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Five Finger Death Punch, Avenge Sevenfold, to name a few.

I have to laugh, I remember when I was about 15 and my parents were listening to Jim Reeves or some other country artist and they said, when you are our age you will be listening to country music. Well, it hasn't quite worked out that way. I do like old country music, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, etc. The crap that is called "country music" today, you can keep it.
      sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
      American Legion Riders
      Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

Originally posted by Fender60 View Post
        What the heck, no one mentioned Rush, or the Moody Blues, or the Doors!

FTR, I love rock of all kinds. Led Zep in the early days, blues based and ripped off from a lot of black american blues artist by the way. I think the reason they got away with it is they actually weren't so racist they actually listened to guys like Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, etc. Oh, and I still do because I love the blues!

Rush is one of my all time favorite bands bar none. Granted, Geddy Lee's voice isn't sweet but those three guys are so very talented it boggles the mind.

I really like the Moody Blues and for the life of me think the R&R Hall of Fame is a joke for not letting them in.

I cut my teeth on bands like Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Scorpions, Ted Nugent, Styx, Iron Maiden, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Kiss, Aerosmith, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, etc. Still listen to them too.

As I got older I started to appreciate the blues so much more than I used to. I used to got the library and check out CD of the old bluesmen, like the ones I mentioned earlier. Lately, I have really come to appreciate a guy called Joe Bonamassa. This guy is just so freaking talented on guitar it is unreal. He pays a lot of respect to the old timers, which I like.

Since I have Sirius XM in the car and on the motorcycle and Pandora at work, I can listen to most anything I want. Some of the bands I am into right now are, 3 Days Grace, Slip Knot, Staind, Shinedown, Theory of a Deadman, Five Finger Death Punch, Avenge Sevenfold, to name a few.

I have to laugh, I remember when I was about 15 and my parents were listening to Jim Reeves or some other country artist and they said, when you are our age you will be listening to country music. Well, it hasn't quite worked out that way. I do like old country music, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, etc. The crap that is called "country music" today, you can keep it.
        Bravo! Good write! I too, love rock and blues and grew up with many of the bands you've listed. Love 'em. As I grew older, I got into blues music more and more. We have so many local blues musicians around here that have sooo much talent that frequent The Saint Georges Country Store. Plus, we have numerous national acts that come thru. There are two local blues festivals every year that we attend... Saint Georges Blues Festival and the Riverfront Blues Festival in Wilmington, DE... just a blast!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Bravo! Good write! I too, love rock and blues and grew up with many of the bands you've listed. Love 'em. As I grew older, I got into blues music more and more. We have so many local blues musicians around here that have sooo much talent that frequent The Saint Georges Country Store. Plus, we have numerous national acts that come thru. There are two local blues festivals every year that we attend... Saint Georges Blues Festival and the Riverfront Blues Festival in Wilmington, DE... just a blast!
          That is awesome. A very small town here in SC called Camden has a blues festival once a year that I go to. There are about 6 or 7 venues (bars and restaurants) plus a small town park and side streets that have stages setup. Ya get a wristband for one price and then go from venue to venue and listen to some great music and sample good food, drink and Blues! http://www.fineartscenter.org/events.../01/blues2015/
          sigpic

USAF 1982-2008 Desert Storm Vet
          American Legion Riders
          Patriot Guard Riders

Comment

yeah joe bonamassa is seriously good.

he did a dj stint on planet rock a year or two back. The weird thing is his speaking voice is way higher than his singing voice.
            The first time you hear him speak, you can't believe its the same guy :-)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSO2XO44mcc[/yt]
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Fender60 View Post
              That is awesome. A very small town here in SC called Camden has a blues festival once a year that I go to. There are about 6 or 7 venues (bars and restaurants) plus a small town park and side streets that have stages setup. Ya get a wristband for one price and then go from venue to venue and listen to some great music and sample good food, drink and Blues! http://www.fineartscenter.org/events.../01/blues2015/
              Very cool!! Looks like a great time!

I am fortunate that I get backstage passes to both events as a photographer. Talk about up close and personal!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

A couple that haven't been mentioned:

Clarence Gatemouth Brown in the blues,jazz and western swing genres. Only guy I know who has won Grammys in all 3.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IKS08o-HqDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can The Boss be left off this list? I put a couple of tickets to to his latest tour in my wife's valentine card. She cried.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/00rq133PKFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

every time I start to post here, I just can not com up with a band.

My music taste is so eclectic that there isn't just one.

I do often think of great albums that i have enjoyed throughout my life....
                  Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crusty ol salt View Post
                    every time I start to post here, I just can not com up with a band.

My music taste is so eclectic that there isn't just one.

I do often think of great albums that i have enjoyed throughout my life....
                    Well Padre, that sez a lot aboot you. To choose just one cannot happen. To love your favorites and to have had the pleasure of hearing them, is a blessing. My music tastes are all over the place, and I thank God for that. No Rap crap tho...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Well Padre, that sez a lot aboot you. To choose just one cannot happen. To love your favorites and to have had the pleasure of hearing them, is a blessing. My music tastes are all over the place, and I thank God for that. No Rap crap tho...
                      Thx P3,

The one i just posted in the favorite song thread is not RAP but modern. the theme transcends generations

"I wish I could turn back time"

sigpic

Comment

Thx P3,

The one i just posted in the favorite song thread is not RAP but modern. the theme transcends generations

"I wish I could turn back time"
                        I know, and I like it.

There is soooo much talent oot there! We had this 19 year old kid play at the Country Store Fryday nite... plays the harmonica and guitar, sings and writes his own stuff. Blues influenced. I was talking to one of our local musicians about how good this kid is. The kid's dad was there that night and saying how much he needs to ride the coat tail of sumbuddy famous. Nope. This kid IS the coat tail for someone to ride...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I know, and I like it.

There is soooo much talent oot there! We had this 19 year old kid play at the Country Store Fryday nite... plays the harmonica and guitar, sings and writes his own stuff. Blues influenced. I was talking to one of our local musicians about how good this kid is. The kid's dad was there that night and saying how much he needs to ride the coat tail of sumbuddy famous. Nope. This kid IS the coat tail for someone to ride...
                          Here is a local guy, Bobby Black Hat Walters. A very good friend of mine was his drummer until he past away last October. Bobby's band has finished 2nd the last two years in the International Blues Festival-Memphis, TN, in the top ten the last 5 years.

Enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hkkSqYtxR-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like you said so many great musicians out there these days

sigpic

Comment

Here is a local guy, Bobby Black Hat Walters. A very good friend of mine was his drummer until he past away last October. Bobby's band has finished 2nd the last two years in the International Blues Festival-Memphis, TN, in the top ten the last 5 years.

Enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hkkSqYtxR-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like you said so many great musicians out there these days
                            I loved that! Thanks for sharing Padre!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

the best band in the world is:

wait for it........

The ELASTIC BAND !
                              totally versatile, cheap and infinitely useful :-)
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                                the best band in the world is:

wait for it........

The ELASTIC BAND !
                                totally versatile, cheap and infinitely useful :-)
                                Good one Alex!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X