Pre Hump Day Smoke W/ Lots O Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow John!
    Great job! Hope you have lots of people to eat all that food. I think I will have to see about making a drum. The more I see them the better I like them.

CharGriller Pro w/FSB and HawgHeaven Mods
    Bradley Jim Beam Digital W/Heater Mod (950 Watts now ) Weber Genesis Silver "A" w/Smoker Box and a Big Black UDS

Comment

Very Nice!!!
      "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
      PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Great thread John. You deffinately got from me too! especially when I seen the Maize & Blue M on top of the plowboys jar!

Everything looks great!

How did ya like the BB's?
        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Once again, thanks to all for lookin' and likin' and for the points too.

Spy Guy, there's just Diana and I here to eat this stuff, but I earn brownie points by sharin' with some of the neighbors. I ran a bag of chops to two of them for their dinners and a bag of chops, chicken and some slices of beef to my father inlaw, who's fending for himself 'cause my mother inlaws going through some health probs right now.

Dan, the ribs were GREAT. I've cooked a lot of spares over the years, but never babybacks. These will be our rib of choice from now on and I think I'll have to keep a supply of Rich's rub on hand because I think that's what really made them good. Now if I can just weasel his mop recipe outta him, mine MIGHT come close to being as good as his.
          Out of everything I smoked though, I think the loin chops were my favorite. I pan fried some up for dinner last night and Diana and I were totally surprised. I've never brined anything before and was amazed at how much the chops came out tasting almost like a cross between bacon and ham. That and any time I've ever smoked chops before, it's been already cut chops and they half dried out. Never again. As soon as pork loins go on sale again, I'm doing another, because this one's gonna disappear quick. The hickory smoke on it was good, but next time I plan on using the apple limb that I've been hoarding and adding some apple juice to the brine too. Can't wait.

Hope you're doing well my friend,

Comment

great smoker load a stuff!!! i really got to give riches rub a shot on some ribs... everyone talkin about it!!! couple weeks, guess after thksgiving maybe. man, that was really quite the spread there.

it all looked supreme!!!
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

looking great John!
              sigpic

Comment

I found it John!!
                WOW!! what a farken smoke!! WOW is all I can say!!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

LOL Kelly, I got lucky. Everything went so smoothly, it's like I had one of you pros there helping out. We sure have been eating good this week. So have two neighbors and my father inlaw and there's nothing left to freeze. I finished off the beef roast this morning making smoked beef hash to go with some fried eggs and I have enough chops left for tomorrows dinner and it'll all be gone.

Glad you guys all like my smoke and the pics. Now I'm watching for more babybacks and pork loins to go on sale.

Comment

Working...
                  X