Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about shipping

hi

I'm wondering if y'all know some website where I can buy ingredients and stuff for bbq that ship world-wide and with a low fee :D

for you who don't know, I'm living in Sweden

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Good luck with that Mackan, as Alex would say "it's bloody expensive to get anything across the pond!" Maybe he can point ya in a direction - Curious Aardvark.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Yeah..it’s a fortune... I have shipped all over and it’s NEVER cheap.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

haha thanks :P

the "problem" is that its sometimes I would save money if I would buy from US and ship it to Sweden. I really hate our high taxes for everything and don't get a sh*t back for it :@

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Comment

Are there taxes when shipping personally? Could someone in the US receive things from a few different places and combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if you would send it as a gift and the value wont be higher than 55 USD (todays rate) I don't need to pay taxes or import fee.

also, its possible to send many gifts in 1 package if you write "gift 1 is for person XXX" and "gift 2 is for person XXX" etc but the value for each don't go over 55 USD

so that would be one possibility =)

Comment

I have some leftover wrapping paper. I'm just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mackan110 View Post
                haha thanks :P

the "problem" is that its sometimes I would save money if I would buy from US and ship it to Sweden. I really hate our high taxes for everything and don't get a sh*t back for it :@
                well if the shipper know the local regulations and DOESN'T tick the 'commercial goods' box or list the true cost (cough'rich'cough)
                Then you usually can get away without paying import tax. Most countries have a limit above which you pay import taxe and below which you don't. Also gifts tend to have a higher limit than commercial goods.

So often it's just down to what the vendor puts on the label

I can recommend buying from richtee - think he's probably got the message by now

Just let him know local imoprt tax regs and he can fiddle the customs label to get it as low as possible :-)

Which amazon site do you use ? Can't see a specific swedish one.

these guys have some bbq kit and toys: https://www.designonline.se/SearchResult/sek1&key=bbq

But what I generaly find myself doing is making my own kit.

Currently thinking about a big arse smoker to cook and sell stuff at festivals.
                It'll either have to be a second hand one in need of restoration or built from scratch - and don't have any welders on my radar, so maybe a secondhand one.
                They are pretty few and far between over here - but worth investing as you can basically charge what the hell you like at festivals. Got a friend who's just started running a pasty and sausage roll stall at local festivals. Mark up is impressive - and he's buying it all in ready made and just reheating.

Anyway I digress (often and frequently)
                Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-05-2017, 07:15 AM.
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  I can recommend buying from richtee - think he's probably got the message by now

Just let him know local imoprt tax regs and he can fiddle the customs label to get it as low as possible :-)
                  Hah...yeah I learned the lesson Alex Sorry about that still...
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I use the amazon.com (us)

i will check rich site and then ask him what he would take for shipping to Sweden :=)

thanks for the help guys!

Comment

the other guys you can contact owensbbq - they stock a fair bit of kit and like rich are good folk who can also probably fiddle a customs label
                      http://www.owensbbq.com/pork-n-pull.html

They're also forum members :-)
                      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Well Sweden... I can tell you of one trick I know of when items need shipping from the U.S. of A. over and into the EU that has proven to save on cost.

I have in the past purchased instruments and gear for members of a guitar forum I have been active with who live across the pond. Mostly gents living in the UK, Germany and once in the Netherlands who had found guitars over here either on eBay or local Craiglist postings and were looking to minimize the cost of getting it over to them. It worked with retail online sellers as well.

How we went about it was to have the seller ship the item to a forum member in the States and that person would then arrange to have it sent by whatever the most reasonable means were, and here is the important part... CLEARLY identifying the package as a personal gift to the receiver. This step is crucial to evading that evil VAT and some import fees which those continental governments of yours just cannot seem to get enough of.

Paypal makes transfer of funds between the strawman arranging shipping and the receiver (yourself in this case) easily enough done. Of course in the case of musical gear or an instrument the value of the purchase usually merits such a convoluted path home, so I am unsure if hoops such as these would be warranted given what you might save you in added cost of taxes.

And that is really all you are saving on, the cost of shipping sometimes directly from the seller was low enough that it was still less expensive with taxes included.

Just my 2 long-winded cents is all.
                        ==============

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Comment

Working...
                        X