Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-17-2017, 07:56 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Default Sometimes I have a perk to my job

One good thing about having farmers for customers is they can be generous. I've got stuff in that past, can't remember it all. Got one farmer that loves to fish and usually gives me a baggie of crappie. He gave me a second bag the other night. Today's was right up my alley. Had a neighbor wanting me to haul a load of non GMO corn to a pig farm. Had no idea this was going on in the area. Delivered that load this morning. Hogs raised outside, they said they had a contract for whole foods. Asked if they sell to the public, yes but it's $275 a pig which is alot more than a confinement hog I could get. Now I'm looking for a belly ruptured pig cause they're cheap for sausage. No they didn't have any but they have a crippled runt about 200 pounds they'd sell for $50. Think I'll be getting him for sausage. It took awhile to unload, about an hour, so we bull shitted the whole time. He left and came back with 2 packs of pork chops. Alright!! Gave one pack to the parents cause they prefer outside raised hogs over confinement like me. I thawed mine out in the truck the rest of the day. Kept looking at the floor and seeing it and was just drooling and wishing the clock would move faster. Got home turned the GMG on. These things had over half an inch of fat on the outside. Instant thermo is broke so just did the poke test.
OMG were these great. One of the best chops I've had. Will be buying a whole hog for sure. And on top of it I secured them as a customer cause I was about half the price as an elevator that hauled to them. Granted it's only about a load of month but it's all extra.

On a side note, I came up with an idea that the wife is on board with. I think I'll be selling the cows and reinvest that money(so uncle Sam doesn't get his share) in mangnalista pigs. Thinking 3 sows and a boar. I'm hoping this happens cause I'm pretty excited at the thought of it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-17-2017, 08:27 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Mmm Hunky pigs~! YAY!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:34 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Mmm Hunky pigs~! YAY!
Have you had mangnalista pork before? I can only imagine how good it is. It's funny how the cattle producers figured out more marbling the better tasting. Yet the pork producers would rather have lean and flavorless. It's a shame how they bred the flavor out of pigs.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:10 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

The market demanded leaner meat. It was no different with beef was it? Itís only been recently that the ďfoodieĒ types have demanded better stock. Recently..meaning 20-ish years. I remember the 70ís and the big health craze. Not only mis-guided but alot of it just plain stupid. Miller Light for Godís sake!

I have had that meat as a kid. The breed has been here a long time, just never made it out of the ethnic areas. The old folk are no longer around, and good bacon meat had disappeared with them. But..itís on the way back!

There is a breeding farm here in MI. Whole hog only I gather. But..I might just do that!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:32 PM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
The market demanded leaner meat. It was no different with beef was it? Itís only been recently that the ďfoodieĒ types have demanded better stock. Recently..meaning 20-ish years. I remember the 70ís and the big health craze. Not only mis-guided but alot of it just plain stupid. Miller Light for Godís sake!

I have had that meat as a kid. The breed has been here a long time, just never made it out of the ethnic areas. The old folk are no longer around, and good bacon meat had disappeared with them. But..itís on the way back!

There is a breeding farm here in MI. Whole hog only I gather. But..I might just do that!
Yeah 70's, yeah don't remember those, born in 81 there's a couple breeders in MI that I found, probably the better ones. They're wanting $2000 a pig, yep that ain't happening here. There's cheaper in neighboring states. Some of the leaner breeding started back in the 30's and 40's. My great great grandfather was big into Poland China hogs before the great depression hit. I've researched enough of him that I found that out about the 30-40's getting leaner. He had a boar, BIg Timm, that tipped the scales over a ton. When he died he was such apart of the family they buried him on the farm. Granted his offspring were selling from $5000-30000. Then the depression hit. It's kind of neat that this old school stuff is coming back.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah 70's, yeah don't remember those, born in 81 there's a couple breeders in MI that I found, probably the better ones. They're wanting $2000 a pig, yep that ain't happening here. There's cheaper in neighboring states. Some of the leaner breeding started back in the 30's and 40's. My great great grandfather was big into Poland China hogs before the great depression hit. I've researched enough of him that I found that out about the 30-40's getting leaner. He had a boar, BIg Timm, that tipped the scales over a ton. When he died he was such apart of the family they buried him on the farm. Granted his offspring were selling from $5000-30000. Then the depression hit. It's kind of neat that this old school stuff is coming back.
Me likey it!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Good looking chop Ryan! Good luck with your pork projects
Old 11-17-2017, 10:40 PM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Good looking chop Ryan! Good luck with your pork projects
We'll see if it happens. I'm done with the cows, calves won't stay in and expensive to feed. Nolan's pretty excited already designing where the pens can go.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
We'll see if it happens. I'm done with the cows, calves won't stay in and expensive to feed. Nolan's pretty excited already designing where the pens can go.
NOLAN!

I need to see his pen design! Have him draw one up for you, then post it please! He cracks me up!!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Sorry but it's not much different with pigs. We had an impromptu pig scramble last Sunday when a couple of the neighbors piglets broke out of jail and took off through my back yard. Man those little buggers are hard to get ahold of and scream like crazy when you pick them up.

My neighbor did the same things a few years ago. Cattle got too expensive to feed so he switched to hogs.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:21 AM
FOOD FIGHT!!!

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

THE EXPLOITS OF RYAN...

I love hearing all these adventures of yours, Ryan... Keep 'em up...

HORIZON 16" Classic Offset
SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

Take it from SLANTED88, you'll look great...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 11-18-2017, 06:11 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Good luck on this new venture, and PLEASE get Nolan's input and post 'em here!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Yeah 70's, yeah don't remember those, born in 81 .
Not sure why that is funny to me.......

Now the hogs are so lean you have to beg the butcher for back fat.....at $1.00 per pound.

I see a great adventure ahead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Pork